Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnection

Options
  • 30-07-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I just bought a shed that was previously owned by a cabinet maker who had 3 Phase Electricity for his work. The Electricity was switched off for a few months as he was not using the shed pending the sale. I would now like to have the power back on for light and a few sockets for charging a mobility scooter and a treadmill for my wife. I rang to get it switched back on but was told that it was a commercial property and needed to be registered as a residential property. I was pushed from post to pillar for nearly an hour, most of which I spent listening to automated messages and elevator music. Is there a simple way of of this predicament? All I want is the electricity reconnected so that my wife can use her treadmill and I can charge my scooter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Seaniemac,

Unfortunately, any property that you can't live in is charged at a general purpose rate. This doesn't necessarily have to be a business and there are different terms and conditions for non-residential accounts.

In order to be able to comment further we would need you to send us a private message with your name, address, MPRN, telphone number and your account number.

Kind regards, Aoife M

Advertisement