Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a good idea

Options
  • 30-07-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am self employed, married have 3 children aged 4-6, the youngest of whom are starting school this Sept. Recently thoughts have been coming into my head of having a 4th child and after a few drinks recently I mentioned it to my husband who was surprisingly all for the idea. I had totally written off the idea of having another baby for many reasons including financial (we'll have no childminding fees from Sept), I won't be able to take much time off work and the kids are now at a stage where we can all head off together without too much hassle. Also my last pregnancy was twins and they were born early and we had a very hard time so the thought of more twins is preying on my mind. I'm also heading towards my late 30's and this is on my mind too. I know I should be grateful for what I have but I'm just wondering will I always pine for another child?? Has anyone felt like this before or is it just like a grieving process for seeing my children growing up and I want to replace them with another baby! Sorry it may seem like the post is all over the place but I was writing as the thoughts came into my head! I just feel like I need to hear what others think and finally put it to rest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eforde

I think you should go for it!! Put it like this, the important thing is you are both in agreement, you have a happy home. Money, although it is important, is not the b all and end all of life. Years from now when yee are more comfortable financially, your regret would be not having that 4th baby!! I have 3 children also, youngest is 6 months, but I have a feeling I will be as you are in a couple of years . Good luck!

Advertisement