Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meter box door never in place

Options
  • 30-07-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭

Hi, can you talk to your "engineers" who do the meter readings in D24/Saggart area and explain them that doors for the meter box should be left the way they were before taking a reading?

I took a picture (attached) of what I've been seeing every two months or so for over a year now, if there's rain accompanied by westerly winds, meter is dripping wet and water is travelling down the cable into the wall of the house! I don't think I have to tell you this but water and electricity do not mix well! It is very easy to secure the door and once it's done it will stay in place firmly, so please, have some respect to your customers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Martin,

Sorry to read of this. The meter-readers work on behalf of ESB Networks, which then provides the readings to ourselves and other electricity suppliers. ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and the best telephone number to contact them at for this query is: 1850 372 757.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Hi Martin,

Sorry to read of this. The meter-readers work on behalf of ESB Networks, which then provides the readings to ourselves and other electricity suppliers. ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and the best telephone number to contact them at for this query is: 1850 372 757.

Regards,
    Una
    My contract is with you, I pay my money to you! I don't really care who does the work in the background, if there's a problem, I expect you to sort it! Now why don't you be a good service provider and get in touch with ESB yourself?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

martinsvi wrote: »
    Hi Martin,

Regards,
    Una
    My contract is with you, I pay my money to you! I don't really care who does the work in the background, if there's a problem, I expect you to sort it! Now why don't you be a good service provider and get in touch with ESB yourself?!
    the service provider in this instance is ESB Networks, you've only a contract for supply with Electric Ireland, you've a contract with ESB Networks for electricity connection and the meter at your property.

asking EI to do something about your meter is as much use as asking eircom to fix it, they've zero control over it, and they can't ask ESB Networks to do it as ESB Networks won't take instruction from someone calling on behalf of a customer, they'll only speak to the person they have a contract with, which is you

its s bit frustrating, but if you want it fixed, you are far better off going directly to ESB Networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

ukoda wrote: »
    martinsvi wrote: »
    Hi Martin,

Regards,
    Una
    the service provider in this instance is ESB Networks, you've only a contract for supply with Electric Ireland, you've a contract with ESB Networks for electricity connection and the meter at your property.

asking EI to do something about your meter is as much use as asking eircom to fix it, they've zero control over it, and they can't ask ESB Networks to do it as ESB Networks won't take instruction from someone calling on behalf of a customer, they'll only speak to the person they have a contract with, which is you

its s bit frustrating, but if you want it fixed, you are far better off going directly to ESB Networks.
    after doing a lot of reading I suppose you are right. I apologise for my tone earlier, complaint with ESB submitted... I must say, I don't find the responsibilities and functions of each involved body to be very transparent to be honest. Surely the collaboration between ESB and EI should be much stronger so EI could indeed arrange things for their customers on behalf of them 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Martinsvi,

Glad to read that you've been able to log your query and escalate your feedback. I appreciate that you just wanted to resolve your query, but unfortunately though we do work closely with ESB Networks/Bord Gais Networks, in some cases we must advise customers to contact ESB Networks/Bord Gais Networks themselves. We still welcome your questions however, and we'll do as much as we can to assist you and give you the required information.

If you have any queries regarding your Electric Ireland account etc., please don't hesitate to get in touch, we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
Advertisement