Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Fishing Gear Sun 3rd August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I picked up a bag 2 years ago and it's still in great nik! Plenty of space for the essentials! Might look at the 5 pole!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The rods and reels will be muck id imagine.
    the net is goid value tho. I have one about 3 years and its still in use for my summer rock fishing. The barb on the hooks catch it a bit tho and ive had to cut it a few times so its showing its age. Ill probably pick up another one fow when its retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jp butler

Ya the bags should be gud

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jp butler

Ya the bags should be gud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The bags are great. Very good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

The rods are made by Fladen, so they won't be total muck. but you can't really expect much from a €16 rod and reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Il be getting a small rod for the little one but for serious fishing it's muck. Also I find the the Shiite spinner and stuff to be muck but the plastic cases they come in are very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Rods would be fine, reels will be dirt.

I got a fishing backpack/fold out stool all in one for 20 quid from them the start of this year, one of the best bits if tackle I've ever bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find both their rods and reels are a waste of money but the rod bag and fishing bag are great bits of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

Also I find the the Shiite spinner and stuff to be muck

I don't think the Muslims have anything to do with the spinner quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Bags are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

Are the bags any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Are the bags any good?

**** i think the bags are good, actually they better than good they very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The brand ALDI sell in Germany is Paladin, really good quality and they sell it on an ongoing basis. I wouldn't be a massive fan of Fladen.

Those bags looks nice alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

.red. wrote: »
    The rods and reels will be muck id imagine.
    the net is goid value tho. I have one about 3 years and its still in use for my summer rock fishing. The barb on the hooks catch it a bit tho and ive had to cut it a few times so its showing its age. Ill probably pick up another one fow when its retired.

The bags are really good, I have one for the river, one for Mackerel and one for beach fishing., As you said the reels are awful, I bought one before as I was stuck and it broke on my third time using it, brought it back and got a refund with no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Don't do much sea fishing at all, but was considering the beach caster set. Do you think I'll have to go up early tomorrow or would it not sell out?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Don't do much sea fishing at all, but was considering the beach caster set. Do you think I'll have to go up early tomorrow or would it not sell out?

The reel won't last more than a few sessions. Get a cheap combo from your local tackle shop and have something that will last a season or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

NEOPRENE SOCKS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Ive seen the stock. Bags are fairly good but tackle, rods reels etc are complete muck. Rods best of a bad bunch. I can assure you some of the tackle I would consider a hazard to fish and other wildlife. Some will argue that this is good value. You will be replacing this stuff very soon and in this case best buying a quality item for long lasting value.
    The neopreme socks and gloves are good value though

they will sell out very quickly, I work there and the eastern lads will buy up everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Ive seen the stock. Bags are fairly good but tackle, rods reels etc are complete muck. Rods best of a bad bunch. I can assure you some of the tackle I would consider a hazard to fish and other wildlife. Some will argue that this is good value. You will be replacing this stuff very soon and in this case best buying a quality item for long lasting value.
    The neopreme socks and gloves are good value though

Do you work for lidl or tesco ? The reels are fine for most casual fishermen and so is the tackle.

Sorry, but the reels are very bad value. There are decent kits available in tackle stores that at least will last. The rods are just OK, the bags are excellent, the lure rubbish but the reels are the pits.

they will sell out very quickly, I work there and the eastern lads will buy up everything

The Eastern lads won't go near the rods and reels. From my experience, they only want the best of the best.

Snowc wrote: »
    Do you work for lidl or tesco ? The reels are fine for most casual fishermen and so is the tackle.

No, Aldi. I can tell you they are very poor quaility. You can get some very good outfits for a little less. The tackle is awful stuff and will be lost/broken on your first fishing trip.
    As i said the bags are quite good. socks and gloves are even better value imo

The Eastern lads won't go near the rods and reels. From my experience, they only want the best of the best.

The summer months when this stuff goes on sale the polish lads who dont fish alot seem to buy up most of this stock. with the usual bbq etc stuff. Seems to be the occasional / one off fisherman buys it. Alot of the Polish girls in work have stuff put off side for their bf and hubbies already to be scanned fist thing in the morning. usual practice for certain one offs

The summer months when this stuff goes on sale the polish lads who dont fish alot seem to buy up most of this stock. with the usual bbq etc stuff. Seems to be the occasional / one off fisherman buys it. Alot of the Polish girls in work have stuff put off side for their bf and hubbies already to be scanned fist thing in the morning. usual practice for certain one offs

Well, I can hardly argue with you since you work there. :)

I suppose they'd buy the stuff for their kids and once-off anglers, as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

was up there this morning, got a pair of gloves for a fiver and got a second pair of polariods aswel only a fiver too... was a good few people up there and id say the stuff will sell out pretty soon, lots of accessories like bite alarms for a tenner and bivvys and different stuff also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Picked up gloves and a bag this evening, they are decent enough. The reels look like muck

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

The bags are very small.

• Advertisement

Flysfisher wrote: »
    The bags are very small.

Yeah, had a look yesterday. They're a lot smaller than the pictures suggest..

Advertisement