Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Camping Sites - Ireland

Options
  • 30-07-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys

We, a group of 10-12 people (adults), are planning to to camp somewhere in Kerry, wherever we reach at evening time. I am wondering are there any places in Kerry (espcially in Killarny National Park) where you can just go and pitch your tent and enjoy BBQ/cooking.

I know there are paid camping & caravan parks and sites, but in fact we don't need any of those facilities like we have our tent, burner/cooker, lights etc. and don't want to spend extra bit on paying to the paid camping park - just in search of a place where we can stop our cars and pitch the tent and spend a night.

Also interested in such free sites other than Kerry if anybody knows about them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Just to let you know, camping within Killarney national park is prohibited. Also paid camping sites also provide waste disposal facilities and also toilets / shower blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

for over 10 people? no well I doubt it

have a look here http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=167

I fairness looking for that amount of space for free is a bit of a big ask esp with parking nearby it sounds like a party which can be trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Ballinskelligs beach is one that is used frequently for tents with carpark beside it and pub a short walk on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

ventry too has something similar, coming from the dingle direction turn left at paidi o sheas pub

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Inch Beach and Wine Strand, both on the Dingle peninsula, are also traditional wild camping locations with ample space and both also have adjacent pubs to keep you feed and watered too, if required! Tigh Bhric, the pub adjacent to Wine Strand, even brews its own beer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement