Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car roof boxes

Options
  • 30-07-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I know Halfords sell the boxes and bars and fit them as well, and 1 or 2 others sell them but don't fit them. Does anyone know any other place in Cork or near surrounding areas who sell and fit them? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Is the Oudoors shop on York St (off McCurtain St) still open?

They used to do roof-boxes....

EDIT: Try this no. 021 450 0702 - they may well be open still - haven't been there in a few yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Sorry op, off topic but can the roof boxes store much stuff and could you put a kayak or other items on the bars?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

This crowd are in Bishopstown.They would be around a long time ie.fairly well known.

http://murraytowbars.com/product-category/roof-boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Have you considered renting? I use these folks in Bandon - http://www.munstertowbars.com/ They fit and rent and best of all you do not have to store a roof box for the other 50 weeks of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Thanks for replys. I'll check them all out tomorrow by phone. If the rental is less than 100 euro I'd consider it, seeing as I will only need it for 2 weeks of the year. The 319 euro box I saw in Halfords won't fit my car. I'd have to go for a model that's over 400 euro. Too rich for me.

Tiger, the box I was looking at is a 470L fullsize that will take 70KG. You can get half size ones but I'm not sure if the bars will take a kayak on the other half. Check Halfords website or ring them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

reic wrote: »
    If the rental is less than 100 euro I'd consider it, seeing as I will only need it for 2 weeks of the year.

€70 for two weeks was last price I got.

Advertisement