Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get from Limerick to Ennis

• 30-07-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27

Hi,
    I'm just wondering what is the best way to get from Limerick to Ennis driving in my car.

I tried looking up directions on the AA roadwatch route planner but the directions are fairly complicated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hi,
    I'm just wondering what is the best way to get from Limerick to Ennis driving in my car.

I tried looking up directions on the AA roadwatch route planner but the directions are fairly complicated.

:confused: It's one of the most straight-forward routes in Munster.

Follow the N18 and the M18 as far as Exit 12 and then follow the signs. The 3rd exit off the roundabout on the N85 (at the petrol station) brings you right into the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Hi,

If you think that's complicated maybe you shouldn't be driving at all:):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, do you have a full driving license?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 bluestar2010

I have a full driving license for the last 6 or 7 years and been driving for 10 years in total.
    Just not used to driving unfamiliar routes especially in major cities in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Ah come on lads,let him who has never got lost cast the first stone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It's well signposted in fairness. Watch out and make sure you take the correct exit on the M18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

https://www.google.ie/maps/preview?ie=UTF-8&gl=ie&daddr=Limerick&saddr=Ennis,+Co.+Clare&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&geocode=KSnVM9_NEltIMSBzMZepxwAK%3BKRNRVB9hXFtIMTBzMZepxwAK&dirflg=d&ei=WGbZU8e-I82e7Aau6oH4Dg&ved=0CCAQ-A8wAA

As others have said, leave Ennis on M18, arrive Limerick on the M18. What side of Limerick are you going to. If going to City Center you can take the turn signed Caherdavin to avoid the tunnel and tunnel toll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

wingnut wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/maps/preview?ie=UTF-8&gl=ie&daddr=Limerick&saddr=Ennis,+Co.+Clare&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&geocode=KSnVM9_NEltIMSBzMZepxwAK%3BKRNRVB9hXFtIMTBzMZepxwAK&dirflg=d&ei=WGbZU8e-I82e7Aau6oH4Dg&ved=0CCAQ-A8wAA

As others have said, leave Ennis on M18, arrive Limerick on the M18. What side of Limerick are you going to. If going to City Center you can take the turn signed Caherdavin to avoid the tunnel and tunnel toll.

Heading from Limerick to Ennis

OP if you prefer you could avoid the motorway but it really is straightforward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

OP. You are leaving out some critical information, as both Limerick and Ennis have multiple possible connections.

Where in Limerick are you coming from and where in Ennis are you trying to get to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have a full driving license for the last 6 or 7 years and been driving for 10 years in total.
    Just not used to driving unfamiliar routes especially in major cities in Ireland.
    magentis wrote: »
    Ah come on lads,let him who has never got lost cast the first stone!

The reason I asked is because a section of that route is motorway and drivers on a learner permit are not allowed on motorways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement