Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitting rates per hour - 4 year old

Options
  • 30-07-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the current going rate for a babysitter to mind a 4 year old for a few hours on a Saturday night?

All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I imagine you will get a vast array of responses here because it really depends on where you live and what kind of person is babysitting for you. I researched this a bit last year as I have a 2yr old that needed minding.
    I live in a rural area, a 17yr old student minds her for a few hrs on a Saturday night and I usually pay her €25 for about 4hrs. €30 if it's after 12, €20 if we're only out for a short while. She's quite happy with this. My child is in bed when she arrives so she's just watching tv and I always leave some snacks for her.
    I have friends who pay €10/hr, some rates are dictated by the babysitter, and city rates are often much more than what I pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I would love to know this too. I have a 3yr old and she would be in bed when babysitter arrives. Average cost from say 8:30pm til 1am?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

emer_b wrote: »
    I imagine you will get a vast array of responses here because it really depends on where you live and what kind of person is babysitting for you. I researched this a bit last year as I have a 2yr old that needed minding.
    I live in a rural area, a 17yr old student minds her for a few hrs on a Saturday night and I usually pay her €25 for about 4hrs. €30 if it's after 12, €20 if we're only out for a short while. She's quite happy with this. My child is in bed when she arrives so she's just watching tv and I always leave some snacks for her.
    I have friends who pay €10/hr, some rates are dictated by the babysitter, and city rates are often much more than what I pay.

We are in south dublin and the local girls charge €10 per hour. It's still €10 per hour if you have 1 or 2 children.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

€10/hr but i would round it down iykwim, so say 3.5hrs = €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks all. Good to have an idea before I go looking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We have a 2yr old, babysitter is about 17.
    Agreed 5 per hour if he's in bed, 8 per hour if he's awake (ie minding him during the day).
    Her mam drops her down and we bring her home.

Advertisement