Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of ownership

Options
  • 30-07-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi sorry if it's been asked here before. What forms are need for change of ownership of an o/u shotgun? It's not a sale.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Use the FCA1, fill it in, tick substitution if the person getting it has a license or full application if they don't, and under section 3.3 (Source of Firearm) fill in the details of the person, their license, etc that owns the gun.

Once the person getting the gun has it the person giving it can either cancel their license using the FCA2 or sub it onto another gun.

If it's a joint license use the FCA1, full application, fill in the forms, and under section 4.1 (Joint license) fill in the details of the person currently licensed that wishes to stay licensed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Cass wrote: »
    Use the FCA1, fill it in, tick substitution if the person getting it has a license or full application if they don't,

Thanks for your reply

I have a license for another shotgun so would I need a full application or substitution? Sorry for the stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Thanks for your reply

I have a license for another shotgun so would I need a full application or substitution? Sorry for the stupid question.

If you sell the other shotgun you can substitute it but if you keep both you'll need 2 licences.

garv123 wrote: »
    If you sell the other shotgun you can substitute it but if you keep both you'll need 2 licences.

Thanks so it's a full application

If you have two shotguns and 2 licenses then you need to give the one you are giving and either transfer the license from that gun onto another gun using the FCA1 (3rd one) or cancel it with the FCA2

Your license for the second shotgun remains untouched in this process. IOW the one you have/are keeping is not effected.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks so it's a full application

A substitution is free. It's a full application, but basically it's a continuation of your current license. So it runs for as long as the current license lasts. It's NOT a new three year license.

Of course you can go for a full, new, application, but why pay €80 when your current license is still valid for a time.

Sorry I am the one who will be keeping the gun so do I do a full application or can the owner do a sub on his license changing the owner to me

Are you currently licensed on the gun? If so you do nothing. If not then you need to get a license so it's a full application.

The person that is currently licensed needs to sub their license to another gun if they are no longer going to use it.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement