Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork on a Sunday!

Options
  • 30-07-2014 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of visiting Cork City this Sunday. I havent been down to the real capital in a long time and i was wondering if i could have some suggestions of things to do/see in around the city and close to the city on a Sunday?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

No time for a more complete answer right now but if there's any chance you can switch to Saturday it'd be worth it. For some reason Cork is pretty much a ghost town on Sunday (with everything closed) till around lunch time and even at that there's not half as much a buzz about the place as there is on a Saturday. The English market is closed too on Sunday's which is a big thing to miss out on IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

If live music is your thing see here(scroll down)

http://www.whazon.com/music.html

For day time you could get train to Fota gardens/wildlife park,Cobh,Spike Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Pride Parade in the city at 2pm on the Grand Parade should create a bit of a buzz around the town
    Vintage Festival and Fun Day in Roberts Cove (No idea of the time...)
    Sprint Triathlon in Whitegate at 10.30am
    Other than that the usual touristy attractions as mentioned above.

Advertisement