Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No management company

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ipro wrote: »
    What would be the positive / negatives of a flying freehold?
    I don't know the current position, but I understood it had legally dubious status in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Victor wrote: »
    I don't know the current position, but I understood it had legally dubious status in Ireland.

I'm not sure that's the case from my understanding of them, just highly unusual. I'm realise we're both trading stuff at the back of our minds here but if you do have something you could point me in the direction of I'd be much obliged purely for my own education.

OP if you can confirm this is a flying freehold I'll dig out some articles for you off of westlaw - assuming there are any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Op where is this, if you pm me the address I'll look it up in the land reg for you and see how it's held. Don't worry I'm not in the market to buy anywhere, I have a tracker mortgage !!

Bepolite wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's the case from my understanding of them, just highly unusual. I'm realise we're both trading stuff at the back of our minds here but if you do have something you could point me in the direction of I'd be much obliged purely for my own education.
    Sorry, its a long times since I did this in college. I think one of the points is to do with historical differences in law between Ireland and Britain relating to types of lease and the other relating to rights of way type issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Ipro

Hey guys , I was with my solicitor yesterday and brought up the issue with him , and he reckons like a few of you have said that it's probably flying freehold. He advised me to just leave it sit , that it might annoy the estate agent if I keep digging into it. To just get the place sale agreed , taken off the market and that he's do all the digging then.

So I guess I'll be back with an update in a few weeks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Hi,
    I know its been a while but how did it go?

aaronc182 wrote: »
    If you only have to pay ?250 and your refuse while living in a apartment that be great,

I know they serve a purpose but some management fees are just ridiculous,

My one worry would be when maintenance of windows and such comes up in 20 years,
    I know its a long way a way but what if say two apartments refuse to pay towards it or dont have money??

Why wouldn't the owners just pay for maintenance on their own windows if needed and if people don't want to pay they make do with the windows they have. That's what happens in a house.

As an aside some of the predicted time frames I often see here are quiet extreme. Windows shouldn't need work in only 20 years. I know the windows are over 30 years old in our house and they are perfect and no where near even needing maintaience never mind replacement and I know plenty of houses with windows in much longer.

As an aside some of the predicted time frames I often see here are quiet extreme. Windows shouldn't need work in only 20 years. I know the windows are over 30 years old in our house and they are perfect and no where near even needing maintaience never mind replacement and I know plenty of houses with windows in much longer.
    It's not to say that windows will need replacement after 20 years. However, some maintenance may be required, especially handles and seals (and sash cords with sash windows). Having money available and not having to do major work is a much better position than not having money and needing work. You do know what will go wrong X years down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

lud wrote: »
    Hi,
    I know its been a while but how did it go?

The OP hasn't posted in over a year and the thread is 3 years old. Unlikely to get a response.

Advertisement