Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Liverpool Midnight. And it doesn't matter, really, thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can we stop the over the top chipped through balls please? Feels like im watching a game of ultimate team on fifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sakho and Coates for the PL games maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sakho and Coates for the PL games maybe?

Nah. Lovren has it sewn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

We must be in single digits for possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

klose wrote: »
    Can we stop the over the top chipped through balls please? Feels like im watching a game of ultimate team on fifa

L + Triangle never worked on PES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Navas really is quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Really poor so far. Very lethargic from Henderson and Allen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hard to see this staying scoreless for much longer, very open game, chances all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dear commentators,
    It's Sturridge, not Storage.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Dear commentators,
    It's Sturridge, not Storage.

Exactly! Luke Shaw is the one with extra storage this season. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Reina looks F*cking delighted to be back!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Alan Curbishly really does deserve another management job

ardinn wrote: »
    Reina looks F*cking delighted to be back!!!!

I felt bad for him. He looks turbo pissed

This is just painful. You would swear it was our first preseason game, they look so much sharper then us its unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

i'd be on the phone to Gus Poyet asking if he fancies Seb Coates on a season long loan. Would love to get a proper look at him playing week in week out before deciding on him either way.

Wouldn't cash out on him straight away there is definite potential there

• Advertisement

This is just painful. You would swear it was our first preseason game, they look so much sharper then us its unreal.

I would say its even so far.

No team wants to risk going behind.

Loving this referee! :D

Allen has been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

between the match liverpool balls retention and commentators this is painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Liverpool are so rusty, especially up front.

Sturridge, Coutinho, Lambert.

Henderson and Allen are anonymous.

• Advertisement

i'd be on the phone to Gus Poyet asking if he fancies Seb Coates on a season long loan. Would love to get a proper look at him playing week in week out before deciding on him either way.

Wouldn't cash out on him straight away there is definite potential there

I'd keep him for our bench, been very impressed by him so far pre season. Still not sure if he'll make it in the PL though, would like to be proven wrong.

Great to see Enrique back, offers a lot on that left side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Joe Allen very poor again tonight. Hes had a bad pre season so far.

Coates been our best player. Being played off the park here. Have we had a shot on target?

joe123 wrote: »

Coates been our best player. Being played off the park here. Have we had a shot on target?

Lambert header from point-blank range, best chance of the game.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Liverpool are so rusty, especially up front.

Sturridge, Coutinho, Lambert.

Henderson and Allen are anonymous.

I can't see how Lambert will fit in to that team to be honest. I know people will say he was bought as a plan b option but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be hoping there's someone coming in to make sure he is definitely just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

City look very sharp, Liverpool can't get any possession at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I wouldnt worry too much about it, the back 5 has about 20 games between them in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Should just skip to penalties.

I can't see how Lambert will fit in to that team to be honest. I know people will say he was bought as a plan b option but if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be hoping there's someone coming in to make sure he is definitely just that.

Check the Liverpool thread, we all are

Kelly and Coates have been the two good performances for us so far. Get Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Lambert and Enrique off at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ricky Lambert really is a tank. The sponsor and detail on his jersey look tiny compared to even Gerrard.

• Advertisement

Check the Liverpool thread, we all are

Ah right, it's not that I don't rate him or anything, he's just not a great fit for the way they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fair play to coates, having a good pre season. Id bin allen for can and maybe sterling or ibe for lambert and get a bit more pace on the field. Allen is losing his place if pre season is anything to go by.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Kelly and Coates have been the two good performances for us so far. Get Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Lambert and Enrique off at HT.

Kelly has been roasted at least 4 times. I'd be singling him out alright but not for praise.

Coates has looked very assured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So far in pre-season we are missing Suarez badly. Can't get sustained possession in the final third & . Lambert will be a useful plab B be won't be too efective as a regular starter. Allen & Henderson have been poor. Hope to see Can on soon.

Kirby wrote: »
    Kelly has been roasted at least 4 times. I'd be singling him out alright but not for praise.

Coates has looked very assured.

I always thought Kelly was going to turn out to be one of the better full backs in the league, injuries have messed him up a bit.

Fair play to coates, having a good pre season. Id bin allen for can and maybe sterling or ibe for lambert and get a bit more pace on the field. Allen is losing his place if pre season is anything to go by.

Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel and Coates could be our four centre backs this season. Personally id like to have kept hold of agger and not spent 20 million on Lovren. Invested it elsewhere.

We will need it for Reus.

Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel and Coates could be our four centre backs this season. Personally id like to have kept hold of agger and not spent 20 million on Lovren. Invested it elsewhere.

We will need it for Reus.

Ah right, it's not that I don't rate him or anything, he's just not a great fit for the way they play.

True, but he was brought in as a plan b. Hence all the talk of Bony and the attempt for Remy. Ricky will be a solid man to bring on when a team decides to sit back against Liverpool, hoof it up to the lad, boom, head goal. We needed that plan b ,a good few teams parked the bus against us last year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

daithijjj wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry too much about it, the back 5 has about 20 games between them in a year.

Why do teams play the reserves in pre-season games. I thought the idea is to get people matchfit and practice new formations or something worked on in training...with the likely league starters

• Advertisement

True, but he was brought in as a plan b. Hence all the talk of Bony and the attempt for Remy. Ricky will be a solid man to bring on when a team decides to sit back against Liverpool, hoof it up to the lad, boom, head goal. We needed that plan b ,a good few teams parked the bus against us last year

What has Bony got that Lambert hasnt? Bony does not fit our style of play at all.

That man is slow as they come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

City look alot sharper. I think that could be down to our training schedule. I seen it mentioned last season that our training in set up so that we peak late in the season. Hence why we went on a great run at the end of last season.

What has Bony got that Lambert hasnt? Bony does not fit our style of play at all.

That man is slow as they come.

Ah here, Bony has got a few yards on Lambert, and is much better on the ground than Lambert.

Ah here, Bony has got a few yards on Lambert, and is much better on the ground than Lambert.

Lambert was always a back up.

Well. At least I hope we're all aware of that.

Pacewise they are both slow. Very slow. Bony is no magican with the ball at his feet either. For 20 million we would be crazy to spend it on him.

MD1990 wrote: »
    City look alot sharper. I think that could be down to our training schedule. I seen it mentioned last season that our training in set up so that we peak late in the season. Hence why we went on a great run at the end of last season.

Thank you. That makes sense alright, city have clearly being doing more on the ball training whereas we have obviously been concentrating on general fitness, at least initially. Only explanation for how we so look so rusty and they so sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Johnson on. Night lads

Sterling already making things happen.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lambert was always a back up.

Well. At least I hope we're all aware of that.

Check my last post re Lambert.
    As for Bony, defo not worth €20m, merely referenced him as there was a bunch of rumours doing the rounds about him after we signed Lambert. He would have been signed as a backup to Sturridge, not a plan b.

Coutinho winding up

And hitting it like an infant *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

marno21 wrote: »
    Johnson on. Night lads

Leave him in a dumpster out the back on the way back to the team hotel .

• Advertisement
Advertisement