Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to stop monitors/cameras

Options
  • 31-07-2014 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm just wondering do you still watch your toddlers on monitors or cameras?

My 21 months old, has a camera in his room, we have a monitor that we watch him on to check his ok, still breathing and hasn't climbed out of the cot. We had a lock on his window and a stair gate on his door. Thankfully he doesn't climb out of his cot yet! He doesn't know how to get over the stair gate either. When do they normally start climbing over cot/stairgate?

When is the normal put away the monitors and cameras?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I have the sensor mat still, LO is 18 months now.im sorry I didn't get the video too but only for nosiness really! Shes a divil for chatting away for ages at nap time!
    I wouldn't normally be the over reactive type but when it comes to her I like to see the little dongle for the heartbeat going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I put the monitor away when we put her in a bed... So that was about 2 1/2 i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I would say whenever you feel ready.
    My youngest is 15, so never had that sort of technology back then...but a camera in their rooms would probably come in handy now. Would look a bit suspicious putting one in at this point though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

Never used a camera or video monitor. I still have a very basic monitor in my 4yr olds bedroom but only for when i'm downstairs watching tv, i don't bring it up to bed with me as he'll come in to me if he needs me during the night and with the doors open i'd hear him if he called out. I have the Angelcare with the sensor pad for my 21 mth old and i'll use it until he moves into a bed at which point i'll stop using the sensor pad and just use it to hear him when i'm downstairs and he's in bed.

Neither of kids have ever climbed over the side of a cot or a stair gate, or even attempted to. I put my oldest into a bed at 23mths, younger lad will stay in a cot a bit longer hopefully as he's a smaller boy, though he's more likely to attempt to climb out so we'll just see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My daughter went in to toddler bed at 17 months as i was pregnant and couldnt lift her due to spd. We stopped using camera monitor at that point but still using sound monitor now at 27 mnths.
    We have a stair gate on the top of the stairs but not at her door. She never normally wakes at night but if she does (teething / bad nappies) she doesnt get out of bed. She would just lie there crying. Were a lights off at night house so maybe thats why. She has a night light in het room but thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭ariana`

Suucee wrote: »
    My daughter went in to toddler bed at 17 months as i was pregnant and couldnt lift her due to spd. We stopped using camera monitor at that point but still using sound monitor now at 27 mnths.
    We have a stair gate on the top of the stairs but not at her door. She never normally wakes at night but if she does (teething / bad nappies) she doesnt get out of bed. She would just lie there crying. Were a lights off at night house so maybe thats why. She has a night light in het room but thats it.

We were a lights out at night house too until the oldest was toilet trained, now we leave a bathroom light on. Never used stair gates on bedroom door either, it never even crossed my mind. My oldest never got out of his bed until he started using the toilet, he'd sit up in bed and call me, and now he only ever gets out himself to use the toilet (or to come over to my room to tell me he's just been to the toilet, like at 3am i really want to know :D).

Advertisement