Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff parking Dublin Airport ??

Options
  • 31-07-2014 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm started work in McDonalds full time Terminal 1 next week. My source of transport will be my car because of early shifts.

Wondering, if anyone here works in the airport, is there staff parking anywhere for employees of Terminal 1 ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Googling "Staff parking Dublin airport" brought this up:
    https://foursquare.com/v/dublin-airport-staff-car-park/4d2640d9068e8cfafaa7ae4c

So it seems there is indeed a staff only car park, but you'll need a permit. Ask a manager in McDonald's how you'd go about getting one, or ask a member of staff / customer service representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Use www.a-b.ie to see if there are any travel options. Make sure you put in the exact locations and correct date and times.

Staff, with ID, get steep discounts on the likes of Aircoach. Multi-day/monthly/annual tickets are valid on route 747.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Just buy a good bolt cutters or battery grinder and park anywhere:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

micraX wrote: »
    Please don't suggest that people follow legally dubious courses of action.

Risks:
    1. Employee subject to disciplinary action.
    2. Car gets moved to a pound.
    3. Car taken away blown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

micraX wrote: »

Using a bolt cutters or grinder at the airport of all places is going to have you making a fairly rapid trip to Mountjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Victor wrote: »
    Please don't suggest that people follow legally dubious courses of action.

Risks:
    1. Employee subject to disciplinary action.
    2. Car gets moved to a pound.
    3. Car taken away blown up.

Do a risk assessment before, I never said use items. I would though, always have a bolt cutters in the car:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Drop into airport police they should issue it unless a new body has taken over

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Contact your new employer they will have the appropriate forms, if this is not possible before you start. Book the long term online I think it's between 7-9euro a day to park in the long term (Blue or Red) and take the free bus to terminal 1.

You will have to provide several details to the daa though your employer. Depending on your employer you may have to pay the daa for parking or it could be included FOA. Each employer differ.

Airport Police are not involved in parking permits their only concerned with illegal parked vehicles.

Advertisement