Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Videoing a game

• 31-07-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi.
    Just looking for opinions on the best angle to video a game. Usual is side on as in regular TV pictures but is there merit in filming from the endline? Gets a players perspective and catches movement of the ball better.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

If you have the resources a camera behind the goals is good alright but in most places the view may be obstructed.
    What I've generally got done is a side on "TV-like" shot, allowing you to pinpoint players and situations easily AND also a wider shot to allow you see more movement ahead or behind the ball.
    This can be done from the same camera with the right software/resources, but if another camera is available, I'd suggest placing it around the 21 line at either end to get a bit of a different angle.
    It all depends on the equipment/resources at your disposal though. I remember dealing with some very grainy or poorly shot videos and it really is a waste of time. Get a professional to do it if you can OR if that's not possible, hire a good camera and ensure you train someone to track play properly and use the camera well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paul265

I think you may find the officials will not let you stay behind the goal or too near either side of the goal. If you can control the camera remotelyyou may be allowed to leave the camera there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paul265

I think you may find the officials will not let you stay behind the goal or too near either side of the goal. If you can control the camera remotelyyou may be allowed to leave the camera there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In my opinion to adequately cover a match for analysis you should have 4 static cameras, 1 in each corner so the whole pitch is covered and you can see every player.

Advertisement