Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 months

Options
  • 31-07-2014 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Ok my contract with 02 is up in December and I'm thinking of switching to 48.
    My bill is currently €40 PM and I will be getting the €10 PM option.

My folks currently pay my bill and since I'm in college I want to reduce costs even though I still rely on parents for money.

Would you recommend switching ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its O2 by another name. My lads have no problems with it. Tesco Mobile uses O2 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

48 are by far the cheapest network in Ireland. The €10 a month deal is what I choose, and it does me fine. Switched to them two months ago and haven't looked back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

With 48 around 15 months! Best deal ever on mobiles! I'm on the don! Used spend 20 a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭redarmy

find 48 best by far and cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

To put it to you simply. It is the best deal by a mile on any network in Ireland.

I have been with them for the past 12 months and I can't believe more people weren't on it.
    I worked in Carphone Warehouse last year for 6 months and my boss was a small bit bitter that I was with them as I should have shown loyalty to the 'real' networks. But look it, I was saving a fortune not going on contract and going to 48.

I am on he Don (Unlimited calls, texts and 5GB of internet), I don't even bother with Wifi I have so much data.

Like everything, if it is too good to be true, it usually is. You cannot buy a phone on 48, you need to get one unlocked or buy a new phone sim free (expensive) but having worked in CPW, some phones are actually sim free (not all) but would be worth sticking your sim in rather than paying a Chinese guy to do it!

Also they have no call centre for customer care, this is how there tarriffs are so cheap as they have little overheads compared to Vodafone, O2, 3 etc. But there website and FB are very helpful. Odds are if you have a problem, 10 people have had the exact same one before!

I have a HTC one that i bought unlocked brand new and I bought a sim card when I was in holidays in the USA and worked perfectly. So much better than being on contract.

Trust me, there is no such thing as a "free phone". its pay all now and get it sim free or pay more than the phone and tarriff is worth but monthly over 2 years. Bite the dust, get the sim free phone and switch to 48! Best decision for both phone and saving moola!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is there an app to check balances?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there an app to check balances?

On iOS there is but not on android that I can see.

On iOS there is but not on android that I can see.

Yeah, only iOS unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

There website seems a bit of a nightmare to use on mobile aswell.

So would 48s coverage be the same as tesco mobiles as they are both on 02s network?

There website seems a bit of a nightmare to use on mobile aswell.

So would 48s coverage be the same as tesco mobiles as they are both on 02s network?

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement