Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogue Legacy

Options
  • 31-07-2014 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I know Rogue Legacy has been available on the PC for ages but it just launched on the PSN Store yesterday. So that must mean there is a whole bunch of people new to the game, like myself. There doesn't seem to be any thread dedicated to the game.

Has anyone any tips? What should you concentrate on at the start? Health upgrades? Also when should you be employing the architect?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gold is the big thing so look to upgrade your miners or whatever they are and the gold gains as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got it again last night mainly for use on the Vita, great game although some if its quirks get a bit tedious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I know Rogue Legacy has been available on the PC for ages but it just launched on the PSN Store yesterday. So that must mean there is a whole bunch of people new to the game, like myself. There doesn't seem to be any thread dedicated to the game.

Has anyone any tips? What should you concentrate on at the start? Health upgrades? Also when should you be employing the architect?

Just started on it the last few days myself. Unlock the Miner, then start unlocking/increasing the Gold Increase perk. Other than that, anything that keeps you alive longer is good, so health and armour.

There are also runes that increase gold generation, so go with those if you are lucky enough to get one. Double jump is also pretty much a requirement I found.

Ignore the architect to be honest. It should only really be used if you messed up a chest room, and want another crack at it, otherwise the price is too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just finished my first playthrough. I went through 139 children. I think the game timer is broken on the Vita because it says I took 98 hours. It must include time spent in sleep mode.

Super game though. So addictive. I love how it makes you feel that you are progressing ever so slightly with each life. I usually am never interested in New Game + modes but I might give this one a go and see how it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I don't feel so bad now. I'm on about 40 children (dead!) and I've only killed one boss! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Plays brilliantly on the Vita, it's perfectly suited to the screen and system and like Spelunky, it feels like it was designed from the ground up for the handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Plan your gear / weapons / perks upgrades carefully. As the price increases with each purchase.
    Just finished my first playthrough. I went through 139 children. I think the game timer is broken on the Vita because it says I took 98 hours. It must include time spent in sleep mode.

Super game though. So addictive. I love how it makes you feel that you are progressing ever so slightly with each life. I usually am never interested in New Game + modes but I might give this one a go and see how it is.

Do it's pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Loving this game. It's extremely punishing, but also very rewarding. I'm still afraid to leave the castle.

Plan your gear / weapons / perks upgrades carefully. As the price increases with each purchase.

Do it's pretty great.

I managed to beat the boss in the castle in New Game+ but the boss in the garden is kicking my ass. Everything is a real step up in difficulty in this mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How big a download is this. Seriously running out of space on my vita card

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How big a download is this. Seriously running out of space on my vita card

I don't have my Vita to hand but I think it is ~400MB.

Yeah it's 420mb or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have it on pc, but I am going to be getting it on PS4 at some stage too. A cracker of a game it is. Like dark souls 2d. Even the story it self is sort of cool and very nicely told.

Is ps4 version updated version? I remember pc version had a mini expansion/update thrown in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Architect is a thieving git though!
    I'm just screw this down and I'll have a cut of all the gold you recover.
    And, as for the smug fecker at the castle gate.

I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment. I have two of the bosses beaten in New Game + (the castle and garden bosses). But just finding the boss in the attic is getting the better of me.

Think I need to just concentrate on getting gold and levelling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Architect is a thieving git though!
    I'm just screw this down and I'll have a cut of all the gold you recover.
    And, as for the smug fecker at the castle gate.

Architect there only for bosses. If you want to go and do only boss or train yourself doing boss. Other then that, there is no point in locking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just completed it there on Vita.

Can't see myself platinuming it anyway. It took me 97 children to finish :p

Edit: Also, I loved some of the soundtrack. In particular the beginning and end credits. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Architect there only for bosses. If you want to go and do only boss or train yourself doing boss. Other then that, there is no point in locking it up.

It's quite handy for getting to grips with the enemies and how to deal with them early on also. Knowing what's in a room can help shape your technique in getting to the bosses. And before you know it the main castle causes no problems.

I'm stuck at the moment on the boss of the underground levels in New Game +. I've beaten the other three handily enough but this giant blob is a real pain.

Just beat the game for a second time. That is something very rare for me. According to the game it took 263 children but that could include the deaths from my first play through.

Simply an amazing game.

What will I do now with it? I have tried killing the remixed bosses but they just seem impossible.

EDIT

Just checked my stats and it took 141 children on my New Game + run.

• Advertisement

I can't believe I'm still playing this game. I've beaten it twice and I'm nearly finished a third playthrough. My character is level 248 at this stage.

It's really only at this stage that I am starting to appreciate some of the subtle differences in the armour and runes that you can purchase.

I'm going with vampire gear at the moment, getting 6hp everytime I kill something and it's really helping me stay alive.

I'm going with vampire gear at the moment, getting 6hp everytime I kill something and it's really helping me stay alive.

I have something similar with 12hp regain but also dealing 150% damage in return for every hit I receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Just started this game, man I suck...but it's addictive as hell.

I'd say I'll need closer to 500 guys to beat this game, gone through at least 20 and can barely make it to the gatekeeper, who swiftly kicks my ass.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Just started this game, man I suck...but it's addictive as hell.

I'd say I'll need closer to 500 guys to beat this game, gone through at least 20 and can barely make it to the gatekeeper, who swiftly kicks my ass.

I would not bother fighting any of the bosses until you have leveled up quite a bit. Keep running through the castle trying to get as much gold as possible. Once you can just fly through the castle sections then maybe it is time to face the boss.

Also don't forget to use the architect to lock down the castle when you do decide to face the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, the few times I have found the boss or wandered into the tougher areas I've left the architect, need to level up a good bit. Only around level 15 at the moment.

I beat the game for the third time on the train home from work. I'm not sure that the bosses scale like the rest of the enemies in the game. I managed to beat each of them on my first attempt with the Barbarian. But just getting around the castle otherwise is very tough.

Up to 340 descendants now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I cant stop dying!!

I cant stop dying!!

That's kind of the point. But your deaths will start to spread out a little the more you play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. I've gathered that. The more gold, the more equipment/spells, the more you upgrade, the more you can last. A vicious cycle.

Advertisement