Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ee Wage delay

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts.  

We would like to reassure you that it is Bank of Ireland's policy in such cases as this, to ensure that no customer is disadvantaged. 

If you hold a non-Bank of Ireland account, your bank can liaise with our bank to reconcile any fees or charges as a result of the delay of payments yesterday. 

Thanks again for all your patience with this matter.
    Elaine
    I'm still unclear what is meant by 'liaise' and 'reconcile'. Could BOI please give a clear statement about fees incurred by non-BOI customers as a result of this fiasco, or I'll be filling in the Small Claims Court paperwork over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi RainyDay, 

Apologies if I was unclear in my previous post. 

If you have incurred fees or charges on a non-Bank of Ireland account due to payment delays yesterday, please contact your own bank directly. Bank of Ireland will be working with your bank to facilitate refunds in these cases. 

Your own bank can advise of the procedure they have put in place to do this. 

Once again apologies for any inconvenience caused to you regarding this. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Can boi confirm that issue has been resolved? My wages normally hit my account on a Friday evening, and there's nothing in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Hi kristian12, 

Thanks for posting. 

It is our policy in such cases to ensure no customer is disadvantaged. 
    Also, any fees or charges incurred as a direct result will be waived/refunded.

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

Apologies again for this inconvenience. 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks but I wasn't refering to monetary inconvenience but credit scoring. Can you clarify how BOI intends to ensure that any dds or s/o unpaid due to your error does not appear as a black mark on a credit report.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay2014

Can boi confirm that issue has been resolved? My wages normally hit my account on a Friday evening, and there's nothing in my account.
    Have you got paid yet?.. I should have had a welfare payment as off sick from work for the last 2 weeks and it should have been in thursday or friday but nothing in my account yet. It's a PTSB account but maybe the DSP pay out of a BOI account I don't know

• Advertisement

jay2014 wrote: »
    Have you got paid yet?.. I should have had a welfare payment as off sick from work for the last 2 weeks and it should have been in thursday or friday but nothing in my account yet. It's a PTSB account but maybe the DSP pay out of a BOI account I don't know

I've a tsb account also, and still have not been paid, nobody in the company has. We've all had to borrow money from our tills. :/

Oh and the DSP do indeed pay from a boi account. Since Monday is a bank holiday, I expect it'll be Tuesday before we get paid.

I've a tsb account also, and still have not been paid, nobody in the company has. We've all had to borrow money from our tills. :/

It's ridiculous at this stage on Sunday not to be paid. I presume you should have got your money on Thursday?

jay2014 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous at this stage on Sunday not to be paid. I presume you should have got your money on Thursday?

Nah, Friday, it's generally in my account on a Friday afternoon.

Thanks very much that information is helpful that they pay from a BOI account. Somehow I think that the banks are not telling us the whole story - this is the response I got from PTSB today - possible we will get it tomorrow if this is true:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Any payments which permanent tsb received before 2.30am on Saturday morning have now been credited to our customers’ accounts. Any payments we receive after this will be credited on Monday morning at 8.30am.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]For security reasons, I am not able to discuss account details or carry out requests made by email. [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Please contact an Open 24 Customer Service Advisor on 1890 500 121 Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm and 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Our advisor will be happy to help you with your query.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Please let me know if you have any further queries.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Kind regards,[/font]

• Advertisement

I think that it's a BOI issue because if the payments had been presented to TSB then I guess the payments would have been processed by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Kristian12

Thank you for your query.

Please rest assured that Bank of Ireland has taken measure to ensure none of their customers credit rating was affected due to this payment delay. If you are concerned in any way about your account please contact your account holding branch directly and a representative there will be happy to discuss this with you. Branch details can be located here.

We hopes this clarifies this for you, is you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Hi Paula C / BOI,

Can you confirm that DSP payments such as illness benefit have all been sent to the correct bank accounts now at this stage. A lot of people not just myself have still not been paid almost a week later.

Kind Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi jay2014,

Thanks for your query.

We can confirm that the payment delay experienced last Thursday 31st July just affected one payment file. This issue was rectified and all accounts were credited Friday 1st August. Therefore, if you have not received your DSP payment it will be necessary to contact the Department of Social Protection directly regarding this.

We hope this clarifies this for you, if we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement