Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ee Wage delay

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi , i am paid monthly. My wages did not go in over night as normal. I appreciate that there are delays with SEPA but it was never an issue before for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

I have already had phone calls this morning from people who have not been paid. PAIN002 file also sent via BOI/JP's system...

Edit: Problems confirmed with BOI directly.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aburke367

thanks to both of you for responding...looks like its a bigger issue than just BOI, people with accounts in AIB and KBC didnt get paid either...

Depends who their employer banks with.  BOI said it was their computer systems, unless the person was mistaken.  BOI does not send SEPA transactions directly into the clearing system.  They have outsourced it, so unfortunately there are more links in the chain.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Tow wrote: »
    Depends who their employer banks with.  BOI said it was their computer systems, unless the person was mistaken.  BOI does not send SEPA transactions directly into the clearing system.  They have outsourced it, so unfortunately there are more links in the chain.
    its unbelievable, i have spoken with lots of friends this morning, they work in private and public sectors and have various bank accounts but no wages

• Advertisement

aburke367 wrote: »
    its unbelievable, i have spoken with lots of friends this morning, they work in private and public sectors and have various bank accounts but no wages
    did BOI indicate when they would be resolving their issues or even notifying customers that there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HilaryC

When I rang banking365 this morning I was told that it does not appear to be a SEPA related problem. They said it should be fixed in an hour or two......or definitely by close of business!

did BOI indicate when they would be resolving their issues or even notifying customers that there is a problem.

No.

HilaryC wrote: »
    When I rang banking365 this morning I was told that it does not appear to be a SEPA related problem. They said it should be fixed in an hour or two......or definitely by close of business!
    gosh, they are unbelievable,,,big difference in an hour or close of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I spoke to our relationship manager in BOI Corporate Banking this morning.

Any payments made through Bank of Ireland are affected, starting with last night's overnight files.

BOI have an outsourced processing service for SEPA Credit Transfer files, and the issue is with the outsourced service. It's not a SEPA issue, but an issue with the systems in BOI's service provider.

It's affecting payment made through Business On Line, through Banking 365 and payments made via file uploads.

They are working to have it sorted before the close of business, but aren't guaranteeing anything.

• Advertisement

blackwhite wrote: »

Any payments made through Bank of Ireland are affected, starting with last night's overnight files.

BOI have an outsourced processing service for SEPA Credit Transfer files, and the issue is with the outsourced service. It's not a SEPA issue, but an issue with the systems in BOI's service provider.

It's affecting payment made through Business On Line, through Banking 365 and payments made via file uploads.

They are working to have it sorted before the close of business, but aren't guaranteeing anything.
    this is really bad, will they honour or charge additional fees if my mortgage or standing orders do not go through tomorrow!

this is really bad, will they honour or charge additional fees if my mortgage or standing orders do not go through tomorrow!
    I have no idea.

I asked them from the perspective of our business - I doubt the Corporate banking team in there would even know TBH.

Try ringing the Personal/Retail banking depts and you might get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why can't banks get their shït together? This has happened twice to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Why can't banks get their shït together? This has happened twice to me.

I have no idea.

I asked them from the perspective of our business - I doubt the Corporate banking team in there would even know TBH.

Try ringing the Personal/Retail banking depts and you might get an answer.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I take it BOI will reimburse any fees that are incurred due to this issue, if it's not fixed today there are a lot of people who have standing orders or direct debits due to come out tomorrow.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

The reps have been on duty for over 3 hours and not a peep.  Hope this is not turning into another Ulster Bank.

Update from AIB: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057260172

I take it BOI will reimburse any fees that are incurred due to this issue, if it's not fixed today there are a lot of people who have standing orders or direct debits due to come out tomorrow.
    I asked that question when I called BOI and they said they havent been given any instruction how to deal with unpaid s/o etc

The reps have been on duty for over 3 hours and not a peep.  Hope this is not turning into another Ulster Bank.
    it has been confimed that the issue lies with Bank of Ireland but up to 10 mins ago they still dont know what is causing the payments from running

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Sounds like someone in Cabinteely forgot to press "send" @ 02.23 this morning! 

Just spent the last 25 mins on the phone to PTSB for them to note that I cannot pay my mortgage today as I have no funds in my account.  The guy I spoke to was aware of this as well, as his wife is an SNA who was not paid today either....

• Advertisement

BOI have confirmed (to us at least) that any costs incurred by people will be refunded - below is an extract from what BOI sent to their business customers about an hour ago.
    REFUNDS
    There will be no issue with refunding charges incurred due to the processing of late payments.  If your beneficiaries/staff advise you of any charges that have occurred as a direct result of this error, please request them to provide a list of Bank Details and the amounts involved so that these refunds can be facilitated by Bank of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi All, 

We can can confirm that a payment file was delayed last night and payments will credit tomorrow.

The majority of BOI payments processed in a timely manner.

We apologise profusely to those customers affected and wish to reassure them that the credits will be in their account by first thing tomorrow morning.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

The bigger question is if the S/O or D/D doesn't go through are they going what are they going to do about peoples credit score as it's well known any missed payments affect your ability to get credit these days. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

kristian12 wrote: »
    The bigger question is if the S/O or D/D doesn't go through are they going what are they going to do about peoples credit score as it's well known any missed payments affect your ability to get credit these days. 
    Hi kristian12, 

Thanks for posting. 

It is our policy in such cases to ensure no customer is disadvantaged. 
    Also, any fees or charges incurred as a direct result will be waived/refunded.

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

Apologies again for this inconvenience. 

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi kristian12, 

Thanks for posting. 

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here 

Thanks

Billy

Thanks Billy - Can you please confirm that this refund offer applies to non-BOI customers who have incurred fees as a result of BOIs failure to process these payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12bp

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]yeah, Bank of Ireland messed up again .. their IT guys Accenture messed up the transfers for over 200,000 people today.. cops, nurses and mostly civil servants.... they say it'll be sorted Friday. better be or i can't pay my rent ![/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland should get their s**t together and the central bank regulator should slap a fine on them to make them feel the pain.  This is happening too frequently and there’s no pain for them.  Same old same oh again....[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Their Twitter release is pitiful [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]"[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can confirm a payment file was delayed last night and
    payment will credit tomorrow morning. Sincere apologies for this."[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Where’s the compensation ??????[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It should have said;[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]"We're SORRY, we messed up….again.   A file containing over 200,000 transactions with value in excess of 20 million Euros has not worked. Accenture are working to fix the issue and we know this is causing you a great deal of financial hardship. We WILL fix it tonight and credit €100 to your account as a token of our regret. Again sorry about this, we know it's not acceptable and we WILL try harder.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]”[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12bp

RainyDay wrote: »
    Hi kristian12, 

Thanks for posting. 

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found

Thanks

Billy

Thanks Billy - Can you please confirm that this refund offer applies to non-BOI customers who have incurred fees as a result of BOIs failure to process these payments?
    good Q Rainyday .... that's where I am at ... charges from Ulster for me going overdrawn and my rent cheque bouncing .. will bank of ireland compensate me ? let me know how you get on.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We can this morning confirm that all payments which were due to be made yesterday have been sent to customer accounts overnight.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]However, if any customer has not seen the expected payment reaching their account we would ask them to check their account for updates throughout the morning, and to contact their bank if they continue to experience any issue.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland again sincerely apologises to customers for the delay in payments. We will ensure that no customers will be out of pocket in relation to any resultant fees or charges from this incident.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you all for your patience.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Elaine[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We can this morning confirm that all payments which were due to be made yesterday have been sent to customer accounts overnight.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]However, if any customer has not seen the expected payment reaching their account we would ask them to check their account for updates throughout the morning, and to contact their bank if they continue to experience any issue.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland again sincerely apologises to customers for the delay in payments. We will ensure that no customers will be out of pocket in relation to any resultant fees or charges from this incident.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you all for your patience.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Elaine[/font]
    Again, it is important that BOI clarifies if this offer applies to non-BOI customers who were affected by this delay. Are BOI going to pay up quickly, or do I have to go through Small Claims Court?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts.  

We would like to reassure you that it is Bank of Ireland's policy in such cases as this, to ensure that no customer is disadvantaged. 

If you hold a non-Bank of Ireland account, your bank can liaise with our bank to reconcile any fees or charges as a result of the delay of payments yesterday. 

Thanks again for all your patience with this matter.
    Elaine

Advertisement