Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion Maple Drive North Drogheda.

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Im hoping to get local opinion on a house for sale in this small cul de sac of Bredin street.

As a blow in im not aware of prejudices or under lying vibes. Is this a safe genuine community area to raise a family?

Im aware of the traffic congestion but due to working hours this will affect us only in evenings coming home hitting dublin road at 6.30pm....?

I cant attach a link here but Iits on daft currently 5 Maple Drive €175k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

I had an aunt who lived in Maple Drive up until about 18 months ago. She had lived there for close to 20 years and she never had any trouble, got along with her neighbours etc. There is a secondary school close by and traffic can get quite busy during drop off and collection times.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Maple Drive is a long established private housing estate. I think it was built in the 60's lots of people my age grew up there (I'm in my mid 40's). As far as I know there is a real mixture of young familys and older people living there. I think it would be a lovely place to move to, especially if you have a young family. Close to schools, my kids went to the Maples playschool down the road and loved it, that was over 10 years ago now. Nice a quiet but only a 10 min walk into town, Eurospar at the top of the road.

My kids no go to Greenhills secondary school down the road so I drive that way between 8.20 and 8.40 every morning traffic is never bad, the school opens at 8 and starts at 8.50 so students arrive over the hour so rarely a build up of traffic, it gets really busy at 3.55 but is usually clear by 4.05 (its amazing how quickly 1000 girls leave that school, school emptys in seconds!). Generally traffic in Drogheda is bad on a Friday afternoon between 3 & 6 but the other days its not too bad. You should have no trouble coming back after 6pm.

I see that house has gone sale agreed I hope you got it if its the one you want.

Advertisement