Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get vasaline out of a childs hair.

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

...so my 18 month old daughter, mimicking my morning routine of putting a small bit of gel in my hair, has plastered her hair with a tub of Vaseline. Which, while hair-larious, leaves an inevitable problem: how to remove it?

Any ideas folks? Please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Comb out as much of it as you can first. Run the comb through her hair, wipe the vaseline off the comb, then run through the hair again,wipe off the Vaseline etc etc until you have the most of it off. Either wash her hair as normal, after getting a really good lather with shampoo. Or use a facecloth and shampoos and warm water . Basically using the sudsy cloth to wipe off the Vaseline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Oh, and thank your lucky stars it wasn't sudocream ! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try using a clean dry fluffy towel between the comb and washing stages.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Washing up liquid!!

Just use plenty of conditioner once the vaseline is gone as it's quite harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

and shampoo it (or washing up liquid) dry rather than wetting the hair first.

Advertisement