Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's the way fund raisin' go...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was wondering, how about some extra fundage from an A&R ice bucket challenge ?

I don't want to overstep the bounds of what I've been given authorisation to do here in terms of fundraising, so in that sense, I'll leave it be for now dude. Maybe next year I might come up with another idea though :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, should I be nominated I'll pop the funds into the charity anyways.
    I'll pop a vid of the unfortunate event up as well, and then nominate a few locals..... Mwa hahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'll record myself burning all my Rise of the Robots stuff if we can get some donations going to my charity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'll record myself burning all my Rise of the Robots stuff if we can get some donations going to my charity :D

The "Rise Of the Robots preservation society" is not a recognised charity.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just spoke to Sarah there at UI (who's extremely nice & very accommodating). So I'm going to use the 'donate' button on the scholarship homepage as the method of transferring the proceeds. Sarah is then going to organise a little news piece on their website where I can credit the good folks who made this happen, & it will be available for all to see.

As I mentioned, I transferred the proceeds today from my bank account to my credit card, but being that I have a different provider for my cc, the transfer will take a few days to clear. Once done, I'll hit the button & update again when done with screenshots etc :)

Sarah updated me there, the donation has been received at UL :) The news article on the UL website about this whole thing will follow shortly. I'll throw up all the transaction pics once the transaction shows on my cc history too, hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was wondering, how about some extra fundage from an A&R ice bucket challenge ?
    Myrddin wrote: »
    I don't want to overstep the bounds of what I've been given authorisation to do here in terms of fundraising, so in that sense, I'll leave it be for now dude. Maybe next year I might come up with another idea though :)

I suppose there's nothing to stop one of us doing what ciderman suggested and hitting the donate button ourselves?

That way people could give more donations without making you feel guilty. :)

OK, the paper trail (the to show that money isn't just "resting in my account" :D)

Cash notes from trout

Lodgement Receipt

Lodged in bank a/c

Transferred to VISA card

Send to UL via visa card

So the money has gotten to where it's meant to go, & I'm just awaiting a draft of the news article from Sarah in UL who is going to put it on their site. She has already confirmed to me via email they've received the funds, & that'll be public as soon as I confirm the everything is correct in the news article draft. Thanks again folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

PTSB? Gotta be a scam!!! :pac:

Star Lord wrote: »
    PTSB? Gotta be a scam!!! :pac:

Lol, I've an old esatclear email account that the PTSB scammers keep in business :rolleyes: It's amazing the amount of phising emails that come from them

I deal with spam a lot in my work, and we've tried to highlight to PTSB before that their domains are openly abused by spammers. They put anti spoofing records in place, but set them wrong, then removed them again. Whoever looks after their IT security must not have a breeze about email security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Star Lord wrote: »
    I deal with spam a lot in my work, and we've tried to highlight to PTSB before that their domains are openly abused by spammers. They put anti spoofing records in place, but set them wrong, then removed them again. Whoever looks after their IT security must not have a breeze about email security.

I used to work for Ptsb IT :)

Is that why the spam emails always come in twos?

If you still did, I'm sure you'd put them to rights!

As promised guys, the news piece is now available on the UL Foundation site, & can be seen here - http://www.ulfoundation.com/news/auction-raises-funds-for-adrienne-hussey-scholarship-at-ul/

I think this bookends the thread nicely, so if it's ok with Ciderman & Logie, I'll lock the thread off now. Huge thanks to you all for bidding, to trout for his winning bid, to Dav for allowing this thread to happen, & to Regina, Jay, Billy & Melvore for their huge gesture in helping out with the fundraiser.

Thanks all. if anyone has any questions or anything, feel free to pm me as this thread is now complete & is closed. I think we'll leave it sit in the marketplace for a few more days maybe incase anyone missed it, but it'll then be archived :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement