Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advanced warfare pricing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

My advice to you is to wait until at least Xmas before you buy AW.

What's the rush? You have Far Cry 4, Destiny, Halo Remakes etc. to keep you busy in the FPS department. Not to mention all the other non-FPS games coming out. I held off on pre-ordering Ghosts and when the general consensus started showing (literally 60 minutes after launch) I knew I had made the right decision. Ghosts was the only COD I never bought. With the money I saved I went on the piss.

So hold off on it. You don't get any marks for pre-ordering. See the reviews first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

What's that story got to do with the price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Navy Seals

what do people think about hell spawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

69.99 for the 360 version is pretty shocking to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SuperValu may end up doing this for €50 next-gen, like they did for FIFA last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Anyone know if I order this with Parcel Motel will I get it the day early or will it be on release day?

I've heard mixed reports.

Some people say amazon will ship it on November 2nd and it'll arrive in the North for the 3rd, then it's up to Nightline to deliver it.

Others say amazon will ship on the 1st and I'll be guaranteed it.

Anyone know if I order this with Parcel Motel will I get it the day early or will it be on release day?

I've heard mixed reports.

Some people say amazon will ship it on November 2nd and it'll arrive in the North for the 3rd, then it's up to Nightline to deliver it.

Others say amazon will ship on the 1st and I'll be guaranteed it.

Only Amazon can answer this really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Haha. €70 for the same game they have released for previous 5 or 6 years? It's like a license to print money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

€48 from the US Playstation store will do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have it downloaded already on the xbox one. Primed and ready to play on 3rd Nov 00:01

It's the pro version including the season pass and extras for €99. Great value for me as we'll be paying it for the next 12 months!!

biebiebie wrote: »
    Have it downloaded already on the xbox one. Primed and ready to play on 3rd Nov 00:01

It's the pro version including the season pass and extras for €99. Great value for me as we'll be paying it for the next 12 months!!
    What size was the download ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

How do you buy it this early?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    How do you buy it this early?

You can buy it on the xbox store and download it straight away. It'll then become playable just after midnight on Nov 3rd.

Considering its £89 (~€112) for the UK €99 is worth it IMHO (might be cheaper via US store but I'm happy enough buying it for €99). Plus to me is better value than buying it in bricks and mortar.

You can buy it on the xbox store and download it straight away. It'll then become playable just after midnight on Nov 3rd.

Considering its £89 (~€112) for the UK €99 is worth it IMHO (might be cheaper via US store but I'm happy enough buying it for €99). Plus to me is better value than buying it in bricks and mortar.

Once was enough lol

Yeah sorry browser was acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I say wait for the price to drop, after Christmas maybe.

Yeah sorry browser was acting up

Happens to me all the time
    Iphone is a disaster for it

Any idea on the size of the download
    €99 is a good price
    I read somewhere it's $99 if you're on the U.S. marketplace

• Advertisement

eoin1539 wrote: »
    I say wait for the price to drop, after Christmas maybe.

For the one and ps4 the prices are not dropping much
    Ghost is still €60 in GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

Ye, probably because there isn't much games on PS4 yet. I got ghosts on PS4 as a Christmas present, the multi player isn't that good although the single player is pretty decent.

What do you get for 99euro tho? Game and season pass? How much for just the standard game? And does any1 know if theres gona be league play in it?

Any idea on the size of the download

Sorry can't remember the exact size, but will take a look next time I'm using it. However suffice to say it took a bloody age to download. Did it over the course of a week by having the xbox on several hours a day and overnight one night. Slow broadband connecting here! At least it's done now though, and am we'll glad that I'm not under pressure by downloading it closer to the 3rd!

What do you get for 99euro tho? Game and season pass? How much for just the standard game? And does any1 know if theres gona be league play in it?

Have a look here http://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Digital-Pro-Edition/63de1464-0616-4158-a442-38c5a8aeb537?cid=majornelson

The Call of Duty: Advanced
    Warfare Digital Pro Edition includes early
    access and Double XP on November 3rd,
    two custom weapons and the Advanced
    Arsenal custom exoskeleton and EM1
    Quantum directed energy weapon. Also
    included are the Call of Duty: Advanced
    Warfare Season Pass, the Atlas Gorge Bonus
    Multiplayer Map, and the Atlas Digital
    Content Pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

its 99 euro on the psn store. standard is 70 euro. you get an extra map, some supply drops, exo gear..few small things link....and the reason of buying the dearer edition....the season pass.

downloaded mine last night 45 gb for the xbox one, only took 2 hours, ready to go now sunday night
    monday and tuesday off work happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Was in gamestop on Monday to pay off the my preorder. Was asking the manager who on behind the till about sales, says Ghosts has pretty much killed the franchise it was so awful. They had so many copies for sale of Ghosts, price dropped to €20 and still people wont buy it!! Fingers crossed AW will be somewhat good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Was just looking into the process of buying it digitally from the US xbox store.
    Have it on pre-order from Smyths for €65 for the Day Zero Edition.

Can get it on US store for $59.99, about €47. Almost a 20 quid saving, and I can save myself a trek to the shop, just download it at midnight on Nov 3rd instead

My missus is American too, so can use a legit billing address. Doesn't seem to be any reason not to buy it that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ordered this on Amazon - free delivery. Any news on how we get the Day 0 code?

dmcg90 wrote: »
    i dont think there is a code i think day zero means you get the game a day early so its delivered a day before release date and you get double xp

dmcg90 wrote: »

Think you only get a code if you bough the digital version. Like the previous poster just said, you should get it a day earlier. Provided the product was advertiesd as the Day Zero edition.

you get the disc a day early. i got the digital version off the psn store, its set to download on halloween(i think?) and it will unlock midnight sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

If I pre order a Day Zero copy in Gamestop I can pick it up on Monday? Is that right? Or If you were to order it from Amazon UK would it et shipped tomorrow in the hopes it will arrive on Monday morning?

srumball wrote: »
    If I pre order a Day Zero copy in Gamestop I can pick it up on Monday? Is that right? Or If you were to order it from Amazon UK would it et shipped tomorrow in the hopes it will arrive on Monday morning?
    day zero editions are sold out in gamestop as far as i know, and the version with the season pass also
    they are opening midnight sunday for the day zero pre ordered edition
    amazon should be delivered on monday
    smyths have copies left
    and tesco will probably have some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

FYI I just heard that Microsoft have closed the loophole in the last day or two, that let you buy games from the xbox store in hong kong and india for cheap.

You can still do it through the US store for a saving for now, but those 2 countries may just be the start of them shutting it down completely.

74.99 for PS4 copy in Xtra Vision. Are they joking?

AAA title games, they'll take us for a ride on prices here!

madcabbage wrote: »
    AAA title games, they'll take us for a ride on prices here!

That's actually ridiculous though. I'm going to go digital through the US PSN store.

same price in gamestop

• Advertisement

How much space does the digital copy take up on hardrive and how much is it? I dont want to pay 75euro

How much space does the digital copy take up on hardrive and how much is it? I dont want to pay 75euro

70 euro on psn store. around 44 euro on US store

MarkY91 wrote: »
    70 euro on psn store. around 44 euro on US store

Worth paying the extra 5er so and keeping the space on hardrive

Worth paying the extra 5er so and keeping the space on hardrive

its 65 in smyths as far as i remember!

its 65 in smyths as far as i remember!

Supervalue usualy have the big games cheap aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,270 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anyone going for the all singing all dancing 99e download?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone going for the all singing all dancing 99e download?

i am. 20 more than the normal edition and i usually get the maps anyway so i decidec why not.

I just got a mesage from xtra vision to text back xbox one and my local store to pre order and it wil take 5e out of my phone credit? Anyone ever done this?

Preorder CODAW:Day Zero Ed from hmv/xv.Txt CODWPS4,CODWPS3,CODWXB1 or CODWXB3 & your local store to 51000 €5 deposit will be billed to ur phone OPTOUT to 50123

i am. 20 more than the normal edition and i usually get the maps anyway so i decidec why not.

Its €52 more expensive than getting it from the US psn store. The prices are ridiculous here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement