Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit of a tip today

• 31-07-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

The OH called me a few minutes ago, telling me she had scraped someones bumper as she was manoeuvring into an awkward parking spot. As she was going forward, her passenger side wheel arch rubbed up against and subsequently scraped the drivers side of the rear bumper of a 9 year old micra. :rolleyes:

The guy in the other car jumped out, going a bit nuts at first, taking photos, which is understandable. Wife gets upset about it and says that I can get it sorted, as I know a good crash repair place. She sends me photos, but cannot see any damage in them. The guy just wanted it fixed. So, I ring him, giving him the option to bring it anywhere he likes, or said I can take the car to the garage I use (where i currently have a car being repaired). I offered him my mondeo to use while his car was getting fixed, as I thought it was only fair he not be inconvenienced. He said he would be happy for me to sort it out, so I book his car in for repair tomorrow.

Just now, he called and said he was rubbing the damaged area and that there was more paint from my car on his, than paint missing from his own car. He said he would be embarrassed having it repaired, because there is nothing to be repaired after close inspection, so he said to just leave it. :)

I said I would drop down to him anyway and take a look. He is only local to me, so it's no problem. I am pleased that there seems to be very little, or no damage and I intend to reward his sincerity, because it's all too easy to milk these situations and times are tough. So, a good news tip today it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Fair play to him that was pretty decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

You don't find too many of those these days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Fair play to you and a nice result for once. Not a chance would I be giving someone I don't know my own car though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Get it in writing from him. Nice if him to say forget it all the same though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I called into him. There really was no damage to be seen and I needed to get right up to the car to see anything at all. It was a dark blue micra, so was even harder to see what little scrapes existed. I didn't feel like I was in any position to get anything in writing and didn't feel it was necessary in this case.

I had a bottle of whiskey and a free hypnosis voucher to give to him (incase of traumatisation :pac: ). He took the voucher, but said he didn't drink, so to hang onto the whiskey. He said not to worry, that there would be nothing else said about it. The OH is glad it's sorted. Next job: Parking Lessons ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Thought you had a tip for Galway. .:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

goz83 wrote: »
    I called into him. There really was no damage to be seen and I needed to get right up to the car to see anything at all. It was a dark blue micra, so was even harder to see what little scrapes existed. I didn't feel like I was in any position to get anything in writing and didn't feel it was necessary in this case.

I had a bottle of whiskey and a free hypnosis voucher to give to him (incase of traumatisation :pac: ). He took the voucher, but said he didn't drink, so to hang onto the whiskey. He said not to worry, that there would be nothing else said about it. The OH is glad it's sorted. Next job: Parking Lessons ;)

If only more motorists had the honesty both sides showed in this one. Fair play

Advertisement