Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with video streaming on tablet

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,
    my Ma bought an acer iconia a3 10 inch tablet last week. its runs on Android 4 and works great. one problem is she likes to go on to newstalk.ie and rte radio 1 website and watch the live video streaming, but on this tablet it wont stream it, its says source unknown or something like that. now i checked youtube and that works fine. but i downloaded and installed flash anyway to see if that would work and still no joy. then i downloaded a different browser think it was called proton or something like that, it looked like that was gonna work but no joy again. i looked on a laptop what player newstalk use and it was JW player and i think it has something to do with adobe flash as well, anyway i couldnt find this on google play store. now i wouldnt think its a big deal not being able to watch lads in a radio studio on a live web cast but it means the world to her and is really upset that she cant. is there anyway i can get this to work on her tablet? i d really appreciate any help on this, thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You won't be able to properly either, Adobe Flash is no longer supported on Android and for good reason (slow, bloated, better alternatives).

For RTE Radio, use the RTE app and the Newstalk apps. These are native and will work fine, both on the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

advertsfox wrote: »
    You won't be able to properly either, Adobe Flash is no longer supported on Android and for good reason (slow, bloated, better alternatives).

For RTE Radio, use the RTE app and the Newstalk apps. These are native and will work fine, both on the Play Store.

thanks advertsfox but i dont think the apps have the live video streaming for newstalk/radio 1, thats all i really want to get working

robbie02 wrote: »
    thanks advertsfox but i dont think the apps have the live video streaming for newstalk/radio 1, thats all i really want to get working
    What live video streaming would this be? Do you mean actual news videos? Can you like what you're referring to?

If it's completely essential, then it might be best to change to a Windows tablet instead for native support of Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

its an option in the newstalk site called live tv. its not uploaded videos just live streaming of say sean moncrieffs show as it is happening in the studio

robbie02 wrote: »
    its an option in the newstalk site called live tv. its not uploaded videos just live streaming of say sean moncrieffs show as it is happening in the studio
    Ah ok well RTE have their version of it already called RTE Player but Newstalk don't have an app for their Live TV / Podcasts etc. yet so might be worth getting in touch to see if they are bringing one out soon. Alternative, Windows tablet or laptop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement