Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So long and thanks for all the fish(ing for counterhits)

Options
  • 31-07-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My time in Dublin has come to a close, and I'm just about finished packing up my flat. I'm moving back down to Kerry as a base of operations to do some traveling, now that my job here has finished.

The big smoke definitely has a lot of pros and cons as a place to live, but the Dublin FGC was absolutely one of the biggest pros for me and I'll definitely miss it and all of you.

I'll try to travel back up for events whenever I can.

Hopefully you guys will just keep getting stronger through the continued hard work of people who organise events, seek out sponsors, record videos and do any other work to add a bit spotlight to the scene (you know who you all are).

I hope as well that the recently revived Smash scene intermingles more with the health bar fighters (new term!); since everyone has a lot of cool new releases in their future, and plenty of opportunities for joint events.

I'll continue into the future, mashing specials thoughtlessly, picking awful characters and sucking at FGs in general.
    Since it's all about playing video-games and having fun at the end of day.
    And I had a lot of fun!

Peace out!

"Deadeye" Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as we still get the annual pan around the room naming everyone videos from Cannes, then it'll be all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dave noooo!

My one (Deejay) rival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

See you in the future, maybe play some online games! I wanna play you when I get better (still gonna get rekt).

And good luck with your travels :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Don't be a stranger Dave, you'll be missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Smash scene is weaker already. Sorry to see you go, Dave. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I only got to play against you once, man, but it was fun. I hope I get another chance! The best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

All the best, Dave
    You are one of the soundest Smash players in the Dublin scene, Sorry Gory.

Look forward to seeing you again at future event.

Searching for Smash players in Kerry will be your greatest challenge yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

C'mon Dave the dee jay costume wasn't that bad!

Keep us posted wherever you go friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

any fraud tournies down there you're not telling us about??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

That means you can go to Cork events more often now! :pac:

Take that as a message, Cork lads. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised Tempest isn't revived until I go home next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Dave T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

hopefully catch you in cork before you head away. fair play dude.. if i don't catch ya soon!, enjoy your travels..

Advertisement