Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Channels Only

Options
  • 31-07-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if there is a LEGAL way to get just the sports channels (Sky, BT, Setanta) without having to pay for all that other junk like BBC, UTV etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Hi, does anyone know if there is a LEGAL way to get just the sports channels (Sky, BT, Setanta) without having to pay for all that other junk like BBC, UTV etc.

Thanks in advance.

Much of the "other junk" you refer to is free anyway - BBC, UTV, C4 etc. However, presumably you also mean Sky1, Living, Gold, that kind of thing; as far as I am aware you have to take a basic package on both Sky and UPC in order to get the Sports channels.

You might be able to get BT and/or Setanta with an old Sky box and card, I'm not sure. Best thing would be to ask Setanta that very question...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

as above

get a sky box contact setanta for a card and just subscibe to setant/bt

the other junk is free and will be on your skybox

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Much of the "other junk" you refer to is free anyway - BBC, UTV, C4 etc. However, presumably you also mean Sky1, Living, Gold, that kind of thing; as far as I am aware you have to take a basic package on both Sky and UPC in order to get the Sports channels.

You might be able to get BT and/or Setanta with an old Sky box and card, I'm not sure. Best thing would be to ask Setanta that very question...

Thanks, I'll do that. And what about getting Sky Sports?

to get sky sports you have to have a basic sub with sky as well

so its either basic sub at €28 or €36 plus your sports sub

where as with the setanta sports sub it is a stand alone sub you pay for just sports

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

kooga wrote: »
    to get sky sports you have to have a basic sub with sky as well

so its either basic sub at €28 or €36 plus your sports sub

whereas ith the setnat sports sub it is a stand alone sub you pay for just sports

Ok. Thanks very much for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

kooga wrote: »
    as above

get a sky box contact setanta for a card and just subscibe to setant/bt

the other junk is free and will be on your skybox

Did this last year & with the card in you no longer get all the free to air channels ie ITV. You have to watch them through other channels. It shows the Irish EPG with the card in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Setanta are doing a special offer.

€1 for one month check out the Setanta Sports Facebook page and you could get it for €9.99 after that. (I dont work for them but its a good deal)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057258691

jgbyr wrote: »
    Did this last year & with the card in you no longer get all the free to air channels ie ITV. You have to watch them through other channels. It shows the Irish EPG with the card in

I know that but they are still FTA

Advertisement