Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L'Ecrivian 10 course tasting menu

• 31-07-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi there, anyone do this?

Booked in next month so all I want is positive feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

They don't have 1 star for over 10 years for nothing, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The food is fantastic, the "room" is lovely the staff are a bit self important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

A friend went there 2 weeks ago and left unimpressed. He said a couple of dishes were really good (beef carpaccio was one). He said the rest was a bit meh. He reckons there are stuck somewhere between Classic French dining (which they're good at) and modern cuisine (which they're not great at). He mentioned the snooty waiting staff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I like it. Great food. The service is the best i have ever experienced. I find the staff very "normal". Restaurants like this have a tendency to feel stiff, in L'Ecrivian this feeling passes fast and is more a perception than a reality imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

....and is more a perception than a reality imho.
    No, no it's not. I'm not going into specifics but several members of staff were rude and downright condescending. Initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Ugh I hate all that fuss in some of those restaurants, especially the wine farce.

Still not sure why it is assumed that one who loves good food has to buy in into all that wine talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The tasting menu here is top notch, you'll love it.

L'Ecrivain is our 'go to' restaurant in Dublin for any special occasion/birthday etc and we've never had a problem/issue with the staff, ever. Its certainly my fav spot for dinner.

Seating tip - Ask for a table upstairs on the balcony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For me, L'Ecrivain is possibly the "least" of the Michelin restaurants in Dublin. The dining room feels dated and while the food is obviously good (let's face it, there is a Michelin star outside), it's not as exciting as other restaurants. What really killed it for me though, was the staff. The service was no-where the same as I've experienced in RPG or Chapter One.

dudara wrote: »
    For me, L'Ecrivain is possibly the "least" of the Michelin restaurants in Dublin. The dining room feels dated and while the food is obviously good (let's face it, there is a Michelin star outside), it's not as exciting as other restaurants. What really killed it for me though, was the staff. The service was no-where the same as I've experienced in RPG or Chapter One.

I have been to Chapter One three times and Thorntons twice and while they were both lovely, neither were anywhere near the Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore. Actually amateurish compared to that cutting edge cuisine.

L'Ecvivian's food, from photos, least looks very modern.

Slattsy wrote: »

Seating tip - Ask for a table upstairs on the balcony.

Thanks; will do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Did the 10 course taster for my birthday in June, they had a go at matching the courses with craft beer which was fun. Enjoyed the food very much and the staff were excellent, struck a nice balance between friendliness and the formality you expect at such a place.

Think I just about prefer Chapter One though, thats a sensational experience every time.

Advertisement