Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with homophobic girls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    If you've no hang ups about sex, gay or straight, you're not going to be bothered by it. I'm gay and I wouldn't think anything of dating a bi man.

I'd bet a lot of women who have no problem with sexual orientation would have issue letting a guy stick his dick in her knowing it was probably recently in a guys ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'd bet a lot of women who have no problem with sexual orientation would have issue letting a guy stick his dick in her knowing it was probably recently in a guys ass.

That's my point. Having hang ups about gay sex -they can be fine about orientation.

Why don't I have a problem with a guy who's stuck his dick up a vag or her ass?

He's gonna have washed it, well I'd hope so whether he plays with girls or guys, so I don't get the big deal. Seems childish to me.

Why don't I have a problem with a guy who's stuck his dick up a vag or her ass?

Because you're into both. Lesbians turn on a lot of guys and I'd say a good portion of men wouldn't care that their gf had slept with a girl. They'd probably want to be told about it. But gay guys don't turn on a lot of women, they'd want nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Who knows, maybe their a friend of a friend kind of thing and not a complete stranger. Still though is it not a bit homophobic?

I dunno. If you knew them already then I'd say that the decision to get off with them or not was made based on knowing them rather than their sexuality. If I was in a club and a randomer came over, went for a snog, and then told me they were bi I'd probably assume that they were going to suggest that someone of their gender join us for an evening's fun.

If not wanting to date someone who was bi made you homophobic would not being attracted to black people make you racist?

Because you're into both. Lesbians turn on a lot of guys and I'd say a good portion of men wouldn't care that their gf had slept with a girl. They'd probably want to be told about it. But gay guys don't turn on a lot of women, they'd want nothing to do with it.

I'm actually not. I'm far more into guys and my interest in women is decreasing all the time. It still doesn't bother me, nor does it the gay lads I've talked to about this sort of thing.

You've just shown the hypocrisy of the issue, though. It's still more socially acceptable for a woman to explore her sexuality than it is for men. It's in our culture to look down on men who do, like the poster who stopped seeing her bf because he sucked a dick in the past, which is so ridiculous.

You might be ok with homosexuality, but put off by gay sex, which is childish. Sex is sex. No difference between a woman sucking a dick and a man doing it, or a woman taking it up the ass and a man doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

But it's okay if said dick was recently in another female's ass? Or is there "lots" of women out there that refuse to date men if they've had any kind of anal sex, straight or gay?

A woman says she doesn't date men who have had sex with other men.
    A woman says she doesn't date men who have had sex with black people.
    A man says he doesn't date women who have had sex with other women.
    A man says he doesn't date women who have had sex with black people.
    A black man/woman says (s)he doesn't date men/women who have had sex with white people.
    Etc.

All of these are illogical, and should not be anyone's stance when deciding on a potential partner.

You've just shown the hypocrisy of the issue, though. It's still more socially acceptable for a woman to explore her sexuality than it is for men. It's in our culture to look down on men who do, like the poster who stopped seeing her bf because he sucked a dick in the past, which is so ridiculous.

You might be ok with homosexuality, but put off by gay sex, which is childish. Sex is sex. No difference between a woman sucking a dick and a man doing it, or a woman taking it up the ass and a man doing the same.

That's a lot of rubbish. There is no hypocrisy! It's just a matter of preference and taste. Sure most women don't do anal and the thoughts of it is gross to them. It's only natural that they'd consider anal gross if gay men did it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Sexual preference is not logical, and there's no reason it should be. Its your own business who you want to shag and why (within the law)

That's a lot of rubbish. There is no hypocrisy! It's just a matter of preference and taste. Sure most women don't do anal and the thoughts of it is gross to them. It's only natural that they'd consider anal gross if gay men did it too.

It's still idiotic.

Especially in the case of not wanting to continue to see a man because he's sucked a dick, when you yourself suck dick.

What about women who are into anal, but because a man did it they won't do near him?

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid and illogical, it's not preference and taste.

You never gave a reason as to why the gay guys I've talked to wouldn't be bothered going out with a guy who's had sex with women.
    Should we not be disgusted too?

I guess we don't have any hang ups about sex. We outgrew them when we had to deal with our own "unconventional" orientations.

It's gas how some people can be perfectly fine with homosexuality, yet still have this "ewwww, gay sex" mentality. It's childish no matter how you try to justify it as taste and preference.

• Advertisement

You're being a prick. People are entitled to use any reason whatsoever to decide not to have sex with anyone, without being judged.

One would expect a lifetime of being told its illogical for men to shag men would have taught you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Tilly wrote: »
    I went out with a guy years ago who told me he sucked his mate off and enjoyed it. It was so off putting that i called it a day. And that's coming from a girl who has 3 gay mates so i'm not homophobic. Just not into the taste of cock off my blokes mouth :P

Lol! Post of the day. Yet you expect your bloke to like it off your mouth? Lmao.

It's still idiotic.

Especially in the case of not wanting to continue to see a man because he's sucked a dick, when you yourself suck dick.
    That's a silly argument. It's like calling someone a hypocrite for dumping their boyfriend because he keeps picking his nose and eating it, even though they did it themselves as a child.
    What about women who are into anal, but because a man did it they won't do near him?
    because she's not into gay sex, it doesn't turn her on in the slightest...
    I'm sorry, but this is just stupid and illogical, it's not preference and taste.
    It's 100% what it's down to.
    You never gave a reason as to why the gay guys I've talked to wouldn't be bothered going out with a guy who's had sex with women.
    Should we not be disgusted too?
    How am I supposed to know why it doesn't bother them?
    I guess we don't have any hang ups about sex. We outgrew them when we had to deal with our own "unconventional" orientations.
    Nobody said unconventional!
    It's gas how some people can be perfectly fine with homosexuality, yet still have this "ewwww, gay sex" mentality. It's childish no matter how you try to justify it as taste and preference.
    I know gay men who think heterosexual sex is disgusting too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Of course sexual taste and preference comes into it. Just because the idea of homosexual sex doesnt turn someone on, doesnt mean they find it icky. People can choose to not have sex with whoever they want dependent on their own tastes.

You're being a prick. People are entitled to use any reason whatsoever to decide not to have sex with anyone, without being judged.

One would expect a lifetime of being told its illogical for men to shag men would have taught you that.

Nah, that's a cop out.

At least there's consistency with me and no double standards. Unlike this post

I went out with a guy years ago who told me he sucked his mate off and enjoyed it. It was so off putting that i called it a day. And that's coming from a girl who has 3 gay mates so i'm not homophobic. Just not into the taste of cock off my blokes mouth :P
    This is nothing but childish and illogical.

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Of course sexual taste and preference comes into it. Just because the idea of homosexual sex doesnt turn someone on, doesnt mean they find it icky. People can choose to not have sex with whoever they want dependent on their own tastes.

But the thing is, it doesn't matter if gay sex doesn't turn them on. They're not going to be having it with a bi man who has had sex with other men. You're going to be having straight sex, so using that as a negative just because gay sex doesn't turn you on is irrelevant and illogical because you're not going to be having gay sex with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

People are entitled to use any reason whatsoever to decide not to have sex with anyone,

Yes.
    without being judged.

No.

There could be racist, classist, xenophobic, and loads more forms of bigotry that someone doesn't want to go near someone. Do people get a free pass on their bigotry just because it's about dating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

My being bisexual writes me off as a partner to a large number of lesbians in my experience.

But the thing is, it doesn't matter if gay sex doesn't turn them on. They're not going to be having it with a bi man who has had sex with other men. You're going to be having straight sex, so using that as a negative just because gay sex doesn't turn you on is irrelevant and illogical because you're not going to be having gay sex with him.

Of course peoples past sexual history matters when choosing a sexual partner. If I found out a girl had sex with a 100 partners before I would not be interested in her. I know I would not be having sex with all those men but I would no longer be interested in her.

They're not going to be having it with a bi man who has had sex with other men.
    Yea they are...
    You're going to be having straight sex, so using that as a negative just because gay sex doesn't turn you on is irrelevant and illogical because you're not going to be having gay sex with him.
    You'll be having sex with someone who has completely different tastes than you.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Yes.

No.

There could be racist, classist, xenophobic, and loads more forms of bigotry that someone doesn't want to go near someone. Do people get a free pass on their bigotry just because it's about dating?

By this logic we should judge gay men as misogynists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

What about the taste of sh*t off your bloke's cock?

Yes.

No.

No just because you are not sexually attracted to someone, does not make you a bigot. Being sexually intimate with someone is very different to not wanting to be near someone which yes would make someone a bigot who should be judged.

Yea they are...

You'll be having sex with someone who has completely different tastes than you.

How is it completely different tastes if they're still sexual attracted to you? He's bisexual, not gay. He'd still have equal attraction to you, same as any other straight man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Hi
    I'm bisexual and while I can traipse down to the George and scab a smoke and end up in some guys apartment, the same cannot be said about women.
    I'm a bit campish in my demeanour and this puts all the girls in a sour mood. I'm 28 I can get a guy I'm good looking but have yet to meet a girl. No problems getting a woman in Spain, what's the story girls?

Butch bisexual women probably have the same problem attracting men.

How is it completely different tastes if they're still sexual attracted to you? He's bisexual, not gay. He'd still have equal attraction to you, same as any other straight man.

Because she's straight, he's not. That's different sexual preferences/tastes no matter what way you look at it.

Never seen such an incredible sense of entitlement. "If you don't want to shag me you're a bigot"

Get over yourself

Because she's straight, he's not. That's different sexual preferences/tastes no matter what way you look at it.

But it's irrelevant if you're both into each other.

Jesus. Maybe we should just segregate bisexual people off with other bisexual people and be done with it :rolleyes:

If you're both coming together for sex, and you're both attracted to each other, you're both on equal footing.

Never seen such an incredible sense of entitlement. "If you don't want to shag me you're a bigot"

Get over yourself

Never said you were or would be. I'd just think you had an illogical outlook on sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I love how people are trying to act as if being repulsed by someone's bisexuality is something intangible like not fancying someone with a certain dress sense as opposed to the deep instilled internalised prejudice stemming from being brought up in a heterocentric society that everyone's too PC to admit to nowadays.

Never said you were or would be. I'd just think you had an illogical outlook on sex.

What has logic got to do with sexual attraction? Its involuntary

• Advertisement

Jesus. Maybe we should just segregate bisexual people off with other bisexual people and be done with it :rolleyes:

If you're both coming together for sex, and you're both attracted to each other, you're both on equal footing.

But in this instance she is not attracted to him, due to his sexual past, which is a valid reason to not be attracted to someone.

RWCNT wrote: »
    I love how people are trying to act as if being repulsed by someone's bisexuality is something intangible like not fancying someone with a certain dress sense as opposed to the deep instilled internalised prejudice stemming from being brought up in a heterocentric society that everyone's too PC to admit to nowadays.

Thats BS there is a big difference in not being sexually attracted to someone, to being repulsed by someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

If someone is going around with such a big chip on their shoulder, it's likely that their a$$hole-ishness is going to be the first turn off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Nah, that's a cop out.

At least there's consistency with me and no double standards. Unlike this post

This is nothing but childish and illogical.
    Says you! I can end a relationship for whatever reason i like and if it upsets you, princess, then tough! I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

RWCNT wrote: »

Would it be ok to not want to shag someone who regularly used prostitues legally, abroad?

Says you! I can end a relationship for whatever reason i like and if it upsets you, princess, then tough! I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Doesn't offend me considering I'd never be attracted to you, but I hope he found a more open minded woman, one without a childish attitude.

Don't forget ageist, statusist, looksist, intelligenceist, and personalityist forms of bigotry as well. People have been getting away with this crap for long enough. It's no longer appropriate in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Lets all shag

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

As a gay man i would feel very insecure about dating a bisexual man. Mainly as if he cheated on me with a woman how the hell am i going to compete with that. Also due to the fact of the most heart break i have experienced has been due to closeted bi men. So it would take a lot of persuading me to trust a bi man again. Sometimes its just not worth the effort. By the sounds of the OP is trolling but if not no woman is homophobic or biphobic if she doesnt want to sleep with you. Everyone has free choice.

• Advertisement

Bi now, gay later.

If gay sex doesn't appeal to a girl then she'd hardly just accept that her bf is into it.

I don't have an issue with anal sex, I just don't want my balls slapping off another guys balls when I'm doing it. It doesn't mean I'm sexually repressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Doesn't offend me considering I'd never be attracted to you, but I hope he found a more open minded woman, one without a childish attitude.
    Phew! I was getting worried that all the naming calling you were doing in my direction meant you wanted to take me out for a sausage sambo. ;)

Would it be ok to not want to shag someone who regularly used prostitues legally, abroad?

That's not even the same thing.

That would mean that they were far more likely to have an STI. That's an actual legitimate reason not to want to be with somebody.

Compare like for like. A straight man who's only had monogamous sex with women, with protection, and a man who's had monogamous sex with both genders, again with protection.

So far all I'm hearing is "Ewwww" as the only reason against. And "completely different sexual interests" which doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Thats BS there is a big difference in not being sexually attracted to someone, to being repulsed by someone.

Strong words are a weakness of mine. Fair enough, I agree to that, scratch out "repulsed by" and replace it with "put off being sexually attracted to". How do you feel about the point now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just not into the taste of cock off my blokes mouth :P
    So you'd be totally okay with a guy dumping you after you sucked him off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Bi now, gay later.

Bi cheap, gay twice

So far all I'm hearing is "Ewwww" as the only reason against.

I'm fairly sure that if someone makes a girl go Ewwww, they're won't be getting anywhere with them.

Women are so illogical. I thought feminism was supposed to teach them how to think straight?

That's not even the same thing.

That would mean that they were far more likely to have an STI. That's an actual legitimate reason not to want to be with somebody.

Compare like for like. A straight man who's only had monogamous sex with women, with protection, and a man who's had monogamous sex with both genders, again with protection.

So far all I'm hearing is "Ewwww" as the only reason against. And "completely different sexual interests" which doesn't make sense.

I wouldnt have sex with a prostitute because it is not something I ever want to do it has nothing to do with STI's as such I would not want to have sex with someone who has partaken.

daithi84 wrote: »
    As a gay man i would feel very insecure about dating a bisexual man. Mainly as if he cheated on me with a woman how the hell am i going to compete with that. Also due to the fact of the most heart break i have experienced has been due to closeted bi men. So it would take a lot of persuading me to trust a bi man again. Sometimes its just not worth the effort. By the sounds of the OP is trolling but if not no woman is homophobic or biphobic if she doesnt want to sleep with you. Everyone has free choice.

Closeted men do whatever the feck they like. Like closeted gay men, they've serious issues and notions more often than not.

A closet gay man would not represent me, an openly gay man. As we are completely different.

Nor does a closet bi man represent openly bi men.
    An openly bi man doesn't have to hide away and can freely date who he likes, making him far more likely to be honest. Closest bi men are stuck in the shadows and binge when they can, there's very little honestly and loyalty to them because they are closeted.
    I've had my fair share of experience with them, and no, I wouldn't bother with them for anything serious.

Openly bi men, I'd have no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

A woman says she doesn't date men who have had sex with other men.
    A woman says she doesn't date men who have had sex with black people.
    A man says he doesn't date women who have had sex with other women.
    A man says he doesn't date women who have had sex with black people.
    A black man/woman says (s)he doesn't date men/women who have had sex with white people.
    Etc.

All of these are illogical, and should not be anyone's stance when deciding on a potential partner.

What about the woman who wont date a guy who has had sex with a goat? Its no different really.

By the way, the definition of phobia is 'an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something'. There is nothing extreme or irrational about a woman who doesn't want to be with a guy who is bisexual, its a personal choice and I can understand why a woman wouldn't want to have to compete with not only other women but also men too.

I wouldn't want to go out with a Bi woman because I want to settle down and not have to worry that some day she may decide that she doesn't like blokes anymore. Yes she may decide that she doesn't like me but at least that is something that I can do my level best to ensure doesn't happen... the other I have no control over unless I am willing to have a sex change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement