Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with homophobic girls

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

What do you mean he was born gay? He said he thought it was disgusting! He had to force himself to get gay!!

My point is that he had no choice in the matter. All he did was rationalize the cognitive dissonance, hardly reinventing the wheel, philosophically speaking, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

KungPao wrote: »
    If a bloke's girl said "Oh, I hope you don't mind, but sometimes I like to lez off", the bloke would probably get a massive bulge in his jocks and ask if he could join in some time. It just doesn't really apply to the opposite scenario methinks.

Speaking from experience, this isn't as great as it sounds. An ex of mine once asked me if I'd be okay with her shifting one of our female friends at a party one time, and naturally, being a randy young man with the above mindset, I was all for it. The reality was it ended up making me feel pretty uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

Czarcasm wrote: »
    My point is that he had no choice in the matter. All he did was rationalize the cognitive dissonance, hardly reinventing the wheel, philosophically speaking, at least.

What on earth are you talking about? He had no choice in the matter? Who made him get gay? Who made him overcome his disgust at the idea?

Was it Satan?

There's certain things I wouldn't do sexually with someone I was in a relationship with because I'd never be able to look at them again. For some people a certain image of a person can shatter what they thought of that person. Call it homophobia if it makes ya feel better about it but don't expect everyone to agree with your victimhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Speaking from experience, this isn't as great as it sounds. An ex of mine once asked me if I'd be okay with her shifting one of our female friends at a party one time, and naturally, being a randy young man with the above mindset, I was all for it. The reality was it ended up making me feel pretty uncomfortable.

To be honest I'd be the same, but that's more to feeling like I'm intruding. Generally not a fan of being in close proximity to PDA's regardless of who the couple is (gay or straight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

P_1 wrote: »
    People not having the same interests as you is not the same as homophobia and that kind of is really doing a disservice to people who are seeking equality.

I agree completely. Its was just a joke.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What do you mean he was born gay? He said he thought it was disgusting! He had to force himself to get gay!!
    Oh god...

OK let's break this down. Separate sex from romantic attraction(difficult for some I grant you). The chap stated gay sex was "disgusting" to him, that does not mean he wasn't romantically attracted to men and only men. There are gay men out there who don't do penetration. It's not their thing. They're still gay. There are asexual folks for whom sex has no appeal at all and they may even find it disgusting, but many of those same folks have a gender preference in who they fall in love with, are attracted to.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What on earth are you talking about? He had no choice in the matter? Who made him get gay? Who made him overcome his disgust at the idea?

Was it Satan?

You're the philosophy aficionado, maybe it was Sagan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

No ffs. I always had an attraction to men but I felt disgusted by it because I was brought up to think that. I was disgusted but always drawn to it without my control.

The only thing I had to force myself to do was overcome my revulsion to my attraction towards men.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why is vanilla, an expensive, exotic, pungent, black spice, used as a synonym for white, bland and boring?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh and evidence mounts on a yearly basis that in the case of gay men there are subtle differences in brain structure when compared to straight men*. They are born that way, they don't chose it, nor do they "get the gay" on a whim. It's not catching either lest some get worried.

Put it another way if you're a solid no doubts about it heterosexual man, then no amount of persuasion is gonna make you become homosexual.

*AFAIR no such markers have been found in gay women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Why is vanilla, an expensive, exotic, pungent, black spice, used as a synonym for white, bland and boring?

Because it's the most underwhelming of the ice-creams.

"Would you like a bowl of ice-cream?"

"Yes please! What ice-cream have you got?"

"Vanilla."

:(

I'd presume it's because it's the goto flavour in ice cream and such for those who are not sure what they want. It's the generic, the most consumed. Strawberry probably got a look in too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'd presume it's because it's the goto flavour in ice cream and such for those who are not sure what they want. It's the generic, the most consumed. Strawberry probably got a look in too. :)

I would go celibate before I settled for strawberry.

Because it's the most underwhelming of the ice-creams.

"Would you like a bowl of ice-cream?"

"Yes please! What ice-cream have you got?"

"Vanilla."

:(

But if it's underwhelming it's because they're only putting trace amounts in to make it that way. It''s not vanilla's fault people aren't eating it properly!

edit: Vanilla actually seems to be asexual/onanistic
    “If you want fruit from them, these flowers must be pollinated by hand, since vanilla has no natural pollinators outside of its native range.”

http://atolemdro.com/2013/09/03/vanilla/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

What in the name of god has this thread turned into.

But if it's underwhelming it's because they're only putting trace amounts in to make it that way. It''s not vanilla's fault people aren't eating it properly!

edit: Vanilla actually seems to be asexual/onanistic

http://atolemdro.com/2013/09/03/vanilla/

Self-service spices? Who'd have seen that coming? :pac:

hairybelly wrote: »

Well it didn't exactly start off as a five-star thriller in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

hairybelly wrote: »

It didn't turn into anything, it was born this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Girls are homophobic because they wont sleep with you, thats priceless...

Someday i'll be the guy with the comment that gets this many likes.. someday :(

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Someday i'll be the guy with the comment that gets this many likes.. someday :(

And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Boring plain ice cream

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Privileged White Male

Women are more aware that there is a higher chance of getting a very nasty STI from a man who has sex with other men. They're not being homophobic, just sensible.

This so much. Bisexual men give me the creeps. Op I'm glad women don't sleep with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Although I've found women can be mad for the "effeminate" type guy and the guy who does the whole "I'm sensitive to women" (to get laid) thing.

E.g. Russell Brand. And a friend of mine, with a crazy amount of female "conquests" over the years, even though people who don't know him just assume he's gay.

Advertisement