Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some serious help with my internet

Options
  • 31-07-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Was talking to someone who says that there might be a problem with my kine as we done some results and he evaluated them. (He knows a lot about networking). Cant post any images or links on here, apparently. When someone uses the comuter the perosn on xbox says that they are lagging and I have been told that , that shouldnt be happening on a 5 download  Any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Was talking to someone who says that there might be a problem with my kine as we done some results and he evaluated them. (He knows a lot about networking). Cant post any images or links on here, apparently. When someone uses the comuter the perosn on xbox says that they are lagging and I have been told that , that shouldnt be happening on a 5 download  Any help would be great
    Hi MurfyRathmore

Lagging on online gaming can occur if the broadband is in use on another device, eircom are unable to offer assistance with game lagging but if you would like to PM me you eircom account number I can run some tests to see if there are any issues on your line or set up.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MurfyRathmore

Thanks . I'll send the PM. But surely when you have 5mb download and someone is browsing the internet on a laptop/computer the game should not lag

Thanks . I'll send the PM. But surely when you have 5mb download and someone is browsing the internet on a laptop/computer the game should not lag

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi [font=Calibri","sans-serif]MurfyRathmore[/font][/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The tests I have conducted show no issues with your line externally or internally. Your internal connection seems perfect in relation to the setup of your modem and phone to the socket.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The one thing I did notice is that the exchange your line is connected to is not NGB enabled (next generation broadband) and is that of an older type.[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]As your line is not in an NGB (next generation broadband) enabled area you will notice that a peak times (evenings and weekends) your speeds will decrease, this is what is referred to as congestion. Congestion means that when there is a lot of usage by broadband users in your area the quality of service deteriorates and download speeds will slow down and lag can occur in online gaming.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]At present there are no plans to upgrade the exchange your line is connected to. Your current broadband subscription offers up to 6MB however there are other broadband packages which offer faster speeds and to explore these packages please contact sales on 1800503303.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]One way of combating gaming lag is using an Ethernet cable (yellow cable) instead of Wifi for the xbox - this always delivers a faster speed and reduced the risk of lag.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

Hi MurfyRathmore

The tests I have conducted show no issues with your line externally or internally. Your internal connection seems perfect in relation to the setup of your modem and phone to the socket.

The one thing I did notice is that the exchange your line is connected to is not NGB enabled (next generation broadband) and is that of an older type.
    As your line is not in an NGB (next generation broadband) enabled area you will notice that a peak times (evenings and weekends) your speeds will decrease, this is what is referred to as congestion. Congestion means that when there is a lot of usage by broadband users in your area the quality of service deteriorates and download speeds will slow down and lag can occur in online gaming.

At present there are no plans to upgrade the exchange your line is connected to. Your current broadband subscription offers up to 6MB however there are other broadband packages which offer faster speeds and to explore these packages please contact sales on 1800503303.

One way of combating gaming lag is using an Ethernet cable (yellow cable) instead of Wifi for the xbox - this always delivers a faster speed and reduced the risk of lag.

Thanks

Al
    Ok, Thanks and I use wired connectin

So , would this mean that I can get up to 6 download speeds???

• Advertisement

So , would this mean that I can get up to 6 download speeds???
    Thanks MurfyRathmore

Yes, however the term 'up to' 6 means anything between 1 & 6MB. Running off 5MB is good for such speeds.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement