Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about online course and TEFL internships

• 31-07-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

1) Would a school hire someone with a degree and an online tefl course? I'm talking about South Korea, spain, or Poland for a year.

2) Are there any good TEFL internships? I've noticed the only ones I've found expect you to pay a couple of thousand :eek:

3) Is LoveTEFL a reputable, and recognised, teach of TEFL?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Hey,

A degree and an online cert are okay for South Korea. It would be a lot more difficult to find work in Spain or Poland with an online cert, but with a bit of research you could get lucky and find an exception.

To be honest, I wouldn't really bother with an online cert or a TEFL internship. They are a bit of a money-making racket really.

If you are considering South Korea, you can go there on your own terms, no money involved apart from visa costs and money to tide you over until your first pay check. Then, you can go on to save a lot of money.

If you have money to do a CELTA course, I would do that (instead of wasting money on a TEFL internship). It is recognised worldwide and a passport to teach wherever you like without people questioning your certification. It will also give you lots of confidence and skills for the classroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

So an online TEFL is okay with South Korea?

Of course, I'd try to do a bit of teaching on a voluntary basis as well. Before I go.

Advertisement