Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP / Medical Card

Options
  • 31-07-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi All!

I need to sign up for a Medical Card therefore I need a GP, but wherever I go they say they don't take new patients.

Does anyone know someone I could go to?

Regards,
    Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Where are you based or what town are you looking for a doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

It's Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

It's Portlaoise.

Have you tried the medical centre on the mountmellick rd. Cedar tree I think?

Yes Cedar Clinic on Mountmellick road, there is also dr honan in on main street, they seem to be the busiest places I think in town....Dr Honan's is always very busy and appointments dont seem to mean much, just as a by the way thought!! But there are about 6/7 drs in cedar clinic, so could be worth a try....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Yep, I've tried both the Cedar Clinic and the Main Street. No luck. Just heard that they're not taking any new patients right now. Perhaps in a couple of months.

• Advertisement

So what happens if you need a doctor! Its madness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement