Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cactus fruit or prickly pear

Options
  • 31-07-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm just wondering where would I find Cactus fruit or prickly pear here in Dublin?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some of the Asian stores have them from time to time. Have a look at the Asian Market to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Better off in food and drink forum rather than here or actually Dublin City

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheLostHuman

Paulw wrote: »
    Some of the Asian stores have them from time to time. Have a look at the Asian Market to start.

I think that I have spotted some exotic fruits in some of Asian stores down capel st

Thanks I appreciate it

Better off in food and drink forum rather than here or actually Dublin City

Terribly sorry

I'm very new to this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I saw them in Fallon & Byrnes before.

They're awful feicers to eat, with the really fine needles sticking into everything, even through oven gloves.
    They are juicy and tasty though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

No point buying them if you hafta peel them yourself....needles everywhere which kinda takes the good out of eating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

I saw some last year on Star Asia on Moore St, don't know if they have them again yet.

chopper6 wrote: »
    No point buying them if you hafta peel them yourself....needles everywhere which kinda takes the good out of eating them.

Btw, they are sold without (at least most of) the spines - there's a machine that removes them - and you can peel them easily using a fork and knife, if you google it you'll see it's just a matter of knowing where and how to make 3 simple cuts.

I saw them in Fallon & Byrnes before.

They're awful feicers to eat, with the really fine needles sticking into everything, even through oven gloves.
    They are juicy and tasty though.

Thank you so very much .. I know .. My dad would by a box every 2 days back home [Saudi Arabia] and he would peel them daily for fun :P I know SAUDIS haha

He uses a knife and a fork in a weird way and he would peel them real easy.

I use to hate them so much because of 1 of the times I handled a box of them and got like 239204 spike stuck to both of my hands I swear I was only touching a cardboard box!

but after trying them cold I say man they're worth it

Thanks for participating in this thread and the info .. Really appreciate it

chopper6 wrote: »

The intimidating process of peeling em intrigues me in a way

CatLou wrote: »
    I saw some last year on Star Asia on Moore St, don't know if they have them again yet.

Btw, they are sold without (at least most of) the spines - there's a machine that removes them - and you can peel them easily using a fork and knife, if you google it you'll see it's just a matter of knowing where and how to make 3 simple cuts.

I don't think that they bring em anymore .. I always go to that shop.

Are they sold without the spikes in here? I was googling and read something like that but in an American site

if that's true I might be insulted in a way

so we're fooled and ****ed by our government and weather in Saudi Arabia? we're even nailed by farmers

Jiahaha

don't know why but I'm making lots of jokes about home

although I'm mixed between Saudi & Bahrain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

I don't think that they bring em anymore .. I always go to that shop.

Are they sold without the spikes in here? I was googling and read something like that but in an American site

if that's true I might be insulted in a way

so we're fooled and ****ed by our government and weather in Saudi Arabia? we're even nailed by farmers

Jiahaha

don't know why but I'm making lots of jokes about home

although I'm mixed between Saudi & Bahrain :)

Aha, I thought nobody would miss the spikes :-)
    I saw them being sold like that but I'm also saying this because one of my friends has a small plantation and the aforementioned machine to remove their annoying 'prickliness'. But even for those, fork and knife is the way to go ^^ good luck finding them in Dublin!

Advertisement