Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exhaust Collector Box noise

• 31-07-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, I've been searching and searching around without success so I am here to ask if any of you came across this or have any idea how to fix it.

The collector box on the down pipes seems to have some sort of a mesh welded inside which is lose apart from one point where the weld is.

That does not bother me, however what does bother me is the noise of vibration of the said mesh when accelerating. The biggest problem in removing it is the location as it is deep in the collector box and any sort of a metal cutters you either can not open wide enough to grip the bit to cut or you can not reach it.

Without having to go and have the box cut open to have this removed and then welded back, has anyone got any idea what one might use to reach in and cut this off??

I'll post the picture when I have which might explain the problem a bit better.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i'd imagine its a catalytic converter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Take the box off and use a long piece of rod to smash the mesh up and shake it out.
    Its either that or getting a welder to cut it open with a grinder and then weld it shut again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Hmm, I had a closer look and it would appear that the rattle is connected to the clamp connecting the downpipes to back bit so thankfully I will have that sorted this weekend... Might just need a bit more tightening!

Advertisement