Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Standing Order & Overlimit fee

Options
  • 31-07-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi 

I was just wondering how the fees work, why is there an unpaid standing order fee and then a second overlimit fee if your account goes overdrawn due to lack of funds. I was waiting on receiving funds that only arrived but just before it a direct debit for €45 and €55 came out of my account, these were subsequently both charged €12.70 as unpaid standing order charge and then overlimit fees of €3.50 and now the company that it was returned to will charge another €30 for 'administration' which will mean i have to pay an extra €60 on a €100 Direct Debit. Question is why is their an overlimit aswell as an unpaid charge?

I understand every company has admin charges but i can see how this is now a big earner for companies as there are a lot of people that are juggling finances and i am sure this happens very regularly, the charges seem quite excessive.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Slinkycherry,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

While we are unable to go into our fees policy here, the over limit fee is applied when you go over your limit and there is not an overdraft applied on your account. 

If you feel that an overdraft on your account may be of help to you in the future, you can apply for one here

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Sarah,

I dont think that fully answers the question, or at least my question, which is similiar.

Today I notice that a €50 direct debit had to be returned due to not enough funds (silly of me but I forgot it was coming up!). But I see I have been charged the following:

Unpaid S/O charge      12.70
    Unpaid Fee                  12.70

In your online schedlue of charges, the charges appear as follows:

Cheque or Direct Debit returned unpaid from your account    12.70
    Unpaid Standing Order                                                            12.70

Surely the transaction is EITHER a direct debit or standing order.....how can it be both? It seems this is a double charge..... please advise!

thanks

h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi hawthorn,

Thanks for your post.

If both an Unpaid Standing Order fee and an Unpaid fee have been applied to your account, this would indicate that you had a direct debit and a standing order due for payment but returned unpaid. 

To identify the dates your standing orders and direct debits process for payment, please select the advanced option on the Recent Transactions page and from the ‘Show’ drop-down menu, chose ‘Direct Debits/Credits when logged onto your account. Alternatively, you can call BOI365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you. The Reps here on Boards do not have access to customer's account details and we would be unable to clarify this for you here.

If you should have any general queries that we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Hi hawthorn,

Thanks for your post.

If both an Unpaid Standing Order fee and an Unpaid fee have been applied to your account, this would indicate that you had a direct debit and a standing order due for payment but returned unpaid. 

To identify the dates your standing orders and direct debits process for payment, please select the advanced option on the Recent Transactions page and from the ‘Show’ drop-down menu, chose ‘Direct Debits/Credits when logged onto your account. Alternatively, you can call BOI365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you. The Reps here on Boards do not have access to customer's account details and we would be unable to clarify this for you here.

If you should have any general queries that we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara

Thanks for the reply, and yes my mistake, it was 2 seperate transactions! Sorry about that! Funds lodged now!

h

Advertisement