If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 40"/42" Smart TV

Options
  • 31-07-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

As per the title, lads.

Its for the mother-in-law so it should be a good one!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

podge3 wrote: »
    As per the title, lads.

Hi Podge,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

How about the Panasonic TXL 42AS600 at £499.95, this also includes a free 5 year guarantee :)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx42as600b/pana-tx42as600b

This is a fantastic TV, great picture and a good selection of apps too.  

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

As per the title, lads.

Hi Podge,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

How about the Panasonic TXL 42AS600 at £499.95, this also includes a free 5 year guarantee :)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx42as600b/pana-tx42as600b

Chris
    Hi Chris

That TV looks great!

I assume it is Saorview compatible?

What apps are on it? Can you add the RTE player app?

How much is delivery?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

As per the title, lads.

Hi Podge,

Chris
    Hi Chris

That TV looks great!

I assume it is Saorview compatible?

What apps are on it? Can you add the RTE player app?

How much is delivery?
    Podge,

given its for the MIL - I'll do free delivery..

Its a cracking TV and you will be on the best boy step with the MIL - regarding the RTE Player, I'm honestly not 100% sure, but it is a full Irish spec unit so I'd guess so but we haven't tried this specifically so I cant guarantee it...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Podge,

Its a cracking TV and you will be on the best boy step with the MIL - regarding the RTE Player, I'm honestly not 100% sure, but it is a full Irish spec unit so I'd guess so but we haven't tried this specifically so I cant guarantee it...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Thanks for the free delivery!

However I really do need to clarify the RTE player works. Her buddys have been telling her about it and she really wants it.

I could do with chalking up a few brownie points with her.

Podge,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Thanks for the free delivery!

However I really do need to clarify the RTE player works. Her buddys have been telling her about it and she really wants it.

I could do with chalking up a few brownie points with her.
    I'll have it check out and revert to you..

I'll keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John.

Podge - Panasonic towers say no movement still with RTE - so you are stuck with Samsung if you want to use the RTE Player - have a look online and if there are any sammys you like I'll do my best on pricing..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Podge - Panasonic towers say no movement still with RTE - so you are stuck with Samsung if you want to use the RTE Player - have a look online and if there are any sammys you like I'll do my best on pricing..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Just looking at the Sammys. How about the UE40H5500 or UE40F6320?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Podge,

the 40F6320 but I do have one demo unit left ( in perfect nick) that I'd clear at £429.95 and we also have the excellent ready to go at £439.95...

...Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Podge,

the 40F6320 but I do have one demo unit left ( in perfect nick) that I'd clear at £429.95 and we also have the excellent ready to go at £439.95...

...Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Whats the second choice @ £439 John?

Does the 40F6320 come in original box & 5 year warranty?

• Advertisement

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John

Podge,

...Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Whats the second choice @ £439 John?

Does the 40F6320 come in original box & 5 year warranty?
    Hi Podge3

The 2nd choice was the Samsung UE40H5500 priced at £439.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40h5500/sams-ue40h5500

The 40F6320 we have the original box and it does come as part of our VIP free 5 year. All it take to sign up for the 5 year is to supply us via PM with your email address.

The 40F6320 we have the original box and it does come as part of our VIP free 5 year. All it take to sign up for the 5 year is to supply us via PM with your email address.

I think I'll go for the UE40H5500.

Just to confirm, it definitely has the RTE player app?

And the £439 includes delivery?

I think I'm already in the VIP club as I have bought several TVs and other bits from you.

I think I'll go for the UE40H5500.

Just to confirm, it definitely has the RTE player app?

And the £439 includes delivery?

I think I'm already in the VIP club as I have bought several TVs and other bits from you.
    Hi Podge,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Great choice on the Samsung, RTE player is available on Samsung Smart TVs so you shouldn't have any issues.  

The £439.00 is ex delivery.  Delivery to anywhere in ROI would be just £29.95.

As you're a VIP member you can get our free 5 year at home guarantee :)

If you'd like to go ahead just drop me a PM and I'll get one of the guys to give you a bell.

Chris

Great choice on the Samsung, RTE player is available on Samsung Smart TVs so you shouldn't have any issues.  

If you'd like to go ahead just drop me a PM and I'll get one of the guys to give you a bell.

Chris

Does the Sammy not come with free delivery as offered by John in post #4?

Chris

So he did!  Free delivery it is then :)

Chris

Chris

Chris
    OK, looks like we have a deal then!

PM on the way.

Chris

Chris
    OK, looks like we have a deal then!

PM on the way.
    Hi Podge3.

Not sure if you sent a PM or not? Just in case it has went missing :confused:

Hi Podge3.

I sent it to John but i just sent it to you again, Kenny.

Hi Podge3.

Hi Podge3.

All sorted.

Hi Podge3.

Hi Podge3.

All sorted.

Thanks guys - my reputation is on the line here with the MIL :D

• Advertisement

Hi Podge3.

Hi Podge3.

All sorted.

Thanks guys - my reputation is on the line here with the MIL :D
    Your reputation will be safe :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.