Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing - Tom Kennedy, Finglas.

Options
  • 31-07-2014 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

GARDAÍ HAVE EXPRESSED concern for the well-being of Tom Kennedy, who has been missing from Finglas since Tuesday night.
    The 81-year-old grandfather left his home in the Virginia Park area of Finglas in North Dublin on Tuesday evening at around 9pm, without bringing his mobile phone with him.

Kennedy is described as:
    5’3″/5’4″ and of slim build.
    Wearing dark trousers, black velcro shoes and a white polo shirt with blue stripes
    He was wearing his glasses and watch when he left home

tomkennedy-390x285.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saw a poster on this today. It mentioned that the shirt described was not the one in the photo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

This poor man is still missing. Please keep any eye out for him. They are appealing for people to check sheds etc. Please God he turns up safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Poor man. Saw posters today in many places from Smithfield to Howth. Very impressive that so much of the city is being notified about Tom by people who clearly care.

Thomas is still missing and it's over a week now. There are searches being organised in different locations. Please come out and help if you can. All the details are available on FB page Missing Person Thomas Kennedy (sorry I can't post link)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Fiolina wrote: »
    Thomas is still missing and it's over a week now. There are searches being organised in different locations. Please come out and help if you can. All the details are available on FB page Missing Person Thomas Kennedy (sorry I can't post link)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-person-Thomas-Kennedy/279023568967042

should work

• Advertisement

Thomas missing two weeks today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭sblythe

Saw a poster in the back window of a car today about Tom. Awful to hear and I hope he is well.

Thomas missing three weeks today. Rescue units are draining a reservoir off the Navan Road. Really hope the find the poor man soon.

There is a search at the moment for Thomas. The group are appealing for men to join in and also looking for wetsuits, kayaks and waders. I don't know if there has been a development or not but if anyone can help can you post on the FB page Missing person Thomas Kennedy (apologies again for not being able to post link - computer broken). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was this poor man ever found?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

No, according to the Herald during the week IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No he hasn't been found and I'm not even sure the taxi driver that came forward to say he had dropped him in Baldoyle was ever verified there have been no confirmed sightings since he went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

It's just so hard to understand how he could have disappeared without trace.

Somebody out there has to have some bit of Info and might not realise its significance?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Tom has been found. R.I.P.

A press release will be issued by the Garda this morning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh my goodness. I'm glad he has been found now for his family but at the same time, it's very sad. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Heartbreaking. The poor family.

Rest in peace, Tommy x

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

So sad, but at least the family can move the grieving process forward. R.I.P

Jesus how did he get to Blackpool without any sign of him anywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Very sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

January wrote: »
    Jesus how did he get to Blackpool without any sign of him anywhere...

This is what has me wondering. Could he have maybe went into the water in Dublin and ended up in Blackpool? Who knows, anyway probably not right to speculate. R.i.p Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I am glad the family have closure of some sort

Very sad altogether, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

I was only thinking of this poor man recently
    At least his family have some sort of closure

God bless and RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am very sad to hear that. I saw posters all around Dublin searching for him when I was there in December. I had hoped for a happy outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RIP Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

just read that he was found in August, but DNA has only confirmed him now.....

http://www.thejournal.ie/thomas-kennedy-body-found-1934319-Feb2015/

something about that isn't right... 5 months for DNA?

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SMJSF wrote: »
    just read that he was found in August, but DNA has only confirmed him now.....

http://www.thejournal.ie/thomas-kennedy-body-found-1934319-Feb2015/

something about that isn't right... 5 months for DNA?
    Possibly due to him being found in another country?

Anyway RIP

Advertisement