Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN - PAL vs NTSC games

Options
  • 31-07-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi!
    There is a summer sale on PS Store. I'm PS+ member so I get additional discount. I'm also big fan of Resident Evil series. I want to buy game pack - Resident Evil 1,2,3. But there is information that RE1 is in PAL and RE2,3 are in NTSC-US.
    My PS3 has PAL system. Can I play all three games normally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

carti2k wrote: »
    Hi!
    There is a summer sale on PS Store. I'm PS+ member so I get additional discount. I'm also big fan of Resident Evil series. I want to buy game pack - Resident Evil 1,2,3. But there is information that RE1 is in PAL and RE2,3 are in NTSC-US.
    My PS3 has PAL system. Can I play all three games normally?

Yes, the pal, ntsc thing isn't really valid anymore and when buying old games for new consoles, ie a ps1 game on a ps3, Either will work.

Ntsc is always preferred though as it's about 16% faster than pal, and ntsc was the speed the game was actually intended to run.

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yes, you can play them (assuming you are playing on a TV made in the last decade or so!), and in fact you'll be playing the superior versions :) Shame the first game isn't included in NTSC, as that is the faster, better, stronger way to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Thanks a lot for fast reply! I didn't know that I can play this game versions (and if NTSC is better - that's cool :D)
    I'm going to buy it :D

Advertisement