Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Island RTE1 on now

• 31-07-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Might be worth a watch!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Wow :eek: Those cats are mad looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Wow :eek: Those cats are mad looking

They sure are.

Bargain Basement dogs is on ITV at 7.30pm

hehehehe that was my friend walking into the show centre with the retriever therapy dog. i txt her that her back was on tv for 1 second :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mozzy

Watched it, would love a cat loo thought it was great what did anyone else think of the show?

mozzy wrote: »
    Watched it, would love a cat loo thought it was great what did anyone else think of the show?

Was ok. I know several of the people who were on it.

• Advertisement

TBH I think shows like that are a bit tabloidy? They paint the owners in a certain light to make it all outrages and mad looking imo

TBH I think shows like that are a bit tabloidy? They paint the owners in a certain light to make it all outrages and mad looking imo

One person was very genuine, very likeable. Another some of his comments made me laugh. Typical dog show politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

The programme made me cringe a little. It's always the outlandish end of the pet market that are highlighted in these shows, personalities over pets.

Is it too hard to show animal lovers without all the faux eccentricities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

sorry cant get my head around a cat using the same toilet as myself. whats so wrong with cleaning a litter tray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Inexile wrote: »
    sorry cant get my head around a cat using the same toilet as myself. whats so wrong with cleaning a litter tray

same. I'm not a cat owner so maybe I don't know enough, but it just seems weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

alroley wrote: »
    same. I'm not a cat owner so maybe I don't know enough, but it just seems weird.

Me too. Having to remove the litter bowl from the loo when you want to use it yourself is eww...I don't know. And then some cats can shed so much I'd be extra cleaning a hairy loo. Nope, can't see it.

My mum banned me years ago when I suggested we train the cat to use the loo - "It's bad enough waiting for the people in this house to get out of that bathroom - I'm not waiting for a cat too!!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My mum banned me years ago when I suggested we train the cat to use the loo - "It's bad enough waiting for the people in this house to get out of that bathroom - I'm not waiting for a cat too!!" :pac:

I haven't watched this yet! I can't get my head around a litter tray tbh! Basically your cat does it's business in your kitchen in a tray :eek: yucky! I will admit I am a dog person not a cat person. We always had a cat when we were younger and it used to go to the toilet outside like a dog and lived indoors :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Myself and the Dude were meant to be on this as they were filming at the cat show and wanted cats with interesting stories (anyone who entered was sent out an email about it) but we ended up not going! He could have had his 5 minutes of fame :pac:

Myself and the Dude were meant to be on this as they were filming at the cat show and wanted cats with interesting stories (anyone who entered was sent out an email about it) but we ended up not going! He could have had his 5 minutes of fame :pac:

I think you had a lucky escape. I watched it and I have to say I feel they were sneering the people and trying to make out they were a bit mad.

Like the doctor who they said shares her house with 10 cats (trying to make out she is a catwoman) then it turned out that she has kittens (which she sells) so she doesn't have 10 cats all the time. I bet they asked her to bath the cat for the camera and I bet they asked her OH to talk about not having kids.

Oh and giving them the toilet to try out was IMHO just to redicule them. I hope all the viewers remember it was the makers of the show who gave them the toilets. I personally don't put clothes on my dogs but maybe those little dogs get cold?? Each to their own all of the people clearly loved all their pets so good for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Millem wrote: »
    Each to their own all of the people clearly loved all their pets so good for them :)

Yeah I hated the freak show element of the show. I get annoyed with a lot of RTE's efforts with animal related programmes anyway. Even the music they use sounds like a piss take to me. Next week they are having someone who talks to animals on so I think it's going to get worse.
    If RTE wants to make a programme about pet ownership in Ireland I wish to God they'd show people buying stolen puppies at fairs or from puppy farms and the inevitable problems that they get afterwards.

Yeah I hated the freak show element of the show. I get annoyed with a lot of RTE's efforts with animal related programmes anyway. Even the music they use sounds like a piss take to me. Next week they are having someone who talks to animals on so I think it's going to get worse.
    If RTE wants to make a programme about pet ownership in Ireland I wish to God they'd show people buying stolen puppies at fairs or from puppy farms and the inevitable problems that they get afterwards.

I saw didn't really see the clip of doggie day care properly.....I am guessing it was the one in sandyford? No doubts they will mock the people who send their dogs up there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Millem wrote: »
    I saw didn't really see the clip of doggie day care properly.....I am guessing it was the one in sandyford? No doubts they will mock the people who send their dogs up there too.

Probably. The fact that people spending money on caring for their pets is really good for the economy will not feature either:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Pretzill wrote: »
    Me too. Having to remove the litter bowl from the loo when you want to use it yourself is eww...I don't know. And then some cats can shed so much I'd be extra cleaning a hairy loo. Nope, can't see it.

I read a 'how to train your cat to use the toiket' webpage a few years back, the litter bowl is eventually removed and the cat squats over the bowl and pees/poos directly into the water

Advertisement