Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Megane 3 timing belt interval

• 31-07-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know the timing belt replacement interval on a Renault Megane 3 2011,
    I ve had a look online but I cant find a definitive mileage interval.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Is it a 1.5 dCi? The book says 160k but some places do them around the 100/120 mark. Its definitely worth checking the belt as a small number of that engine have problems with injector pump pulley alignment which causes visible damage to the belt. Just ask the next crowd servicing to check its condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭biblio

Is it a 1.5 dCi? The book says 160k but some places do them around the 100/120 mark. Its definitely worth checking the belt as a small number of that engine have problems with injector pump pulley alignment which causes visible damage to the belt. Just ask the next crowd servicing to check its condition.

Yep 1.5 dci I knew i missed some information thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭alfreg

Here, http://www.mytimingbelt.com/Results.aspx?ModelId=331, it says every 6 years. Nothing about milage. I have an '09 mark 3 1.5dci megane. I plan to do mine next year. It's only done 35,000 miles at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I think its 100k miles OP.

Renegade, had to do a few things to the Laguna. New front shocks, mount and steering rod. Car started shuddering just after that and I thought it was the gearbox. Neighbour and brother both said it was a loose exhaust! I knew it wasn't that anyway. Turned out it was the coils and I had 3 of them replaced. She's NCT'd now for another year and hopefully she'll run without any more bits or pieces to be done.

I remember when I got the car last year you gave me tips on getting the MPG up. I was averaging around 37 mixed but since the coils were changed its gone up to 42! I didn't think new coils would have an effect like that but I ain't complaining :)

Hows yours running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We have a 11 reg Fluence, 1.5dci, it's 150,000km or 5yrs, whichever comes first, I checked the manual when I bought it and stuck a sticker on the dash to remind me

• Advertisement

Jesus. wrote: »
    I think its 100k miles OP.

Renegade, had to do a few things to the Laguna. New front shocks, mount and steering rod. Car started shuddering just after that and I thought it was the gearbox. Neighbour and brother both said it was a loose exhaust! I knew it wasn't that anyway. Turned out it was the coils and I had 3 of them replaced. She's NCT'd now for another year and hopefully she'll run without any more bits or pieces to be done.

I remember when I got the car last year you gave me tips on getting the MPG up. I was averaging around 37 mixed but since the coils were changed its gone up to 42! I didn't think new coils would have an effect like that but I ain't complaining :)

Hows yours running?

Oh yeah, definitely if the coils are malfunctioning, itll hurt MPG. Mines good too around the 45 mark but...
    New tyres,
    Two ball joints,
    Two tie rods,
    Two shock mounts,
    Rear axle bushes,
    Hi spec interior change (just because :D),
    Timing belt + Pump,
    Aux drive kit,
    3 piece clutch,
    New pads + discs, front + rear
    New head gasket, piston rings, big end bearings and I recon'd th head.
    Full service, all other fluids and manifold clean.
    And more I cant think of..
    And the mother of all waxings :D

It was a lot of work but its an absolute pleasure of a car now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Bloody hell, that was a lot of work! But the last bit makes it all worthwhile.

Well wear mate.

(Just as a matter of interest, what mileage have you got up on it now?)

Jesus. wrote: »
    Bloody hell, that was a lot of work! But the last bit makes it all worthwhile.

Well wear mate.

(Just as a matter of interest, what mileage have you got up on it now?)

Its quite high. TBT, Im not sure as the lcd screen went fubar. Its stored live on the ECU anyway so is accessible via clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

I have a 2012 Grand Megane, get it serviced at a Renault main dealer, sticker on window says next service at 80,000km is a 'D' service - I looked it up and thats includes a Timing Belt replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

My 04 megane has done 111000 miles and needs a new timing belt and water pump, i have just been quoted 480euro:eek:, has anyone ever bought car parts online cos i can get a kit for around 100euro online, is there any good site you could reccommend and would a garage fit it for me if i walked in with my own parts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

My brothers Laguna 1.5dci just calved, timing belt broke. Its done 60k miles and is an 08. One side of the belt looks perfect, the other is shredded to bits. Renault dealer is saying the car is perfect and basically telling him to f**k off. I have it from a mechanic that some of these engines have a misaligned water pump which caused the fault. Any suggestions what his rights are or what he can do. Garage said if it happened a few months earlier it would be covered under warranty, under 6yrs old.... Any advice appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

We have a 11 reg Fluence, 1.5dci, it's 150,000km or 5yrs, whichever comes first, I checked the manual when I bought it and stuck a sticker on the dash to remind me

This is correct
    DIF wrote: »
    I have a 2012 Grand Megane, get it serviced at a Renault main dealer, sticker on window says next service at 80,000km is a 'D' service - I looked it up and thats includes a Timing Belt replacement.

All 2011 onwards grand megane DCi 90bhp and 110bhp service schedule is

every 30,000km's or 2 years

the TB is 150km's

Ring other Renault garages, you will get a different answer off each one as to what needs to be done.

This is the real list

1st service 30km's is oil and filter and a load of FREE checks (cost 170)

2nd service 60km's is oil and filter, maybe fuel filter (cost 240)

3rd service 90km's is oil and filter, air and pollen filters, (cost 170 to 250) maybe brake fluid (extra 80)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

gary29428 wrote: »
    My brothers Laguna 1.5dci just calved, timing belt broke. Its done 60k miles and is an 08. One side of the belt looks perfect, the other is shredded to bits. Renault dealer is saying the car is perfect and basically telling him to f**k off. I have it from a mechanic that some of these engines have a misaligned water pump which caused the fault. Any suggestions what his rights are or what he can do. Garage said if it happened a few months earlier it would be covered under warranty, under 6yrs old.... Any advice appreciated.

research loads about it

then contact renault UK and ireland

Advertisement