Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying things that happen on a flight

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I was on a flight a few years ago when someone tried to get to the toilet but vomited all over someone else . What a nightmare .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

beks101 wrote: »
    I think this is an excellent judge of character and tells me all I need to know about a person.

That's pretty unfair and judgmental if you judge everyone who reclines in this way. On a long haul flight, someone with back issues might need to recline to get into the least painful, uncomfortable position they can. And in general, it's unreasonable to except someone to sit bolt upright on a long flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I was on a flight a few years ago when someone tried to get to the toilet but vomited all over someone else . What a nightmare .

Reminds me of a situation I witnessed on a flight a few months back. An elderly woman, about 57, wrinkly and withered, was drinking Heineken through the flight. Toward the end of the flight, when you're advised to keep strapped in, I noticed she appeared to want to vomit, maybe it was the turbulence or something. Anyway, I'm assuming she was looking for a sick bag when she stood up, however, she was quickly told to stay in her seat. The second the plane touched down, out flowed the vomit (flowed being the right verb) into the cup she formed with her hands. I found it simultaneously hilarious and disgusting. An entertaining landing all round. :D

Advertisement