Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork v Tipperary AI Semi Final

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think Cork will have enough in it to beat them, partially because I just don't know which Tipp team will show up. They do have the players to do it though, so it will be a very close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

So its the battle to find out which team will be runners-up come Sunday 7th :P!

I reckon Cork by the puck of a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Why are people so fascinated with attendance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

kksaints wrote: »
    Almost sure I read something after the quarter finals that thought that tomorrows match would be a sell out.

Never going to be a sellout. 60,000 would be about it whether it was Cork/Kilkenny, Kilkenny/Tipp etc. The population isn't there. The final is the only game that will fill Croker for hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

Cant see cork beaten today,tipp are soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rebs23

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Never going to be a sellout. 60,000 would be about it whether it was Cork/Kilkenny, Kilkenny/Tipp etc. The population isn't there. The final is the only game that will fill Croker for hurling
    We'll see but the population is there. Cork has a population of 520,000. Huge hurling support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Santa Cruz wrote: »

LK brought over 40,000 to last years semi. I think Croke park were basing their initial figures on this amount. Tipp (like Clare last season) probably won't bring big numbers to the match thereby giving the 60-65K figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Big crossroads for both teams today. If Tipp lose they will have to face the fact that the golden generation of 2010 hasn't developed as expected. If Cork lose they will have to deal with winning no All Irelands in a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Kkboy wrote: »
    Big crossroads for both teams today. If Tipp lose they will have to face the fact that the golden generation of 2010 hasn't developed as expected. If Cork lose they will have to deal with winning no All Irelands in a decade.

you should work in media ;)

you should work in media ;)

Local notes in the Kilkenny People is as far as id go.

• Advertisement

it's so nice to sit back and enjoy this one in the knowledge that the Cats are safely in the final. Looks like the monsoon conditions of last week won't return.

That's more a reflection of the media than you.

The losing manager will probably quit after today.

Rightwing wrote: »

you really think so? I somehow doubt JBM would go on the back of a loss today, unless it was a loss of his own making through bad decision making etc and even at that they would want to be right howlers.

I think JBM has done a great job whatever happens today. Don't really see how Cork could do better than him but I suppose management at that level takes up so much time that if your not winning all Irelands and don't work as a teacher, its hard to give more than 3 or 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

For anybody that uses common sense, proper logic and look at the teams displays in the Championship this year, then Cork have to be big favourites in my book. Patrick Horgan is the best forward in the country in my opinion, you can call him slow or whatever you like, but the stats don't lie, he is a machine. Limerick went to Tipp and beat them in Thurles, Tipp showed no resolve or courage that day, and as a Limerick man I was not expecting us to win there. Cork haven't got enough credit this year, Munster Champions, beat a very good Limerick side and I fancy them to go all the way.

JBM has done a great job for Cork, brought them back from nowhere, but you'd sense if he can't win today, like O shea, he's brought them as far as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

JBM has done a great job for Cork, brought them back from nowhere, but you'd sense if he can't win today, like O shea, he's brought them as far as he can.

Can't see any reason why O'Shea would be leaving. Bar Tipp get a hiding today, the team is surely in a far better place than when he took over and is probably still in a transition phase.

Looking at the minor match on TG4, they said a crowd of 70,000 is expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Tons of Cork fans carrying Palestinian flags. Since when has the GAA been a voice on world conflicts? For reasons I won't go into here I have sympathy for the Israelis but I wouldn't expect the GAA to allow me into the stadium to make a political point by carrying an Israeli flag.

• Advertisement

Tons of Cork fans carrying Palestinian flags. Since when has the GAA been a voice on world conflicts? For reasons I won't go into here I have sympathy for the Israelis but I wouldn't expect the GAA to allow me into the stadium to make a political point by carrying an Israeli flag.

Bring any flag you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Nice auld summary by Marty there

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

She was awful screachy yer wan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Nearly missed that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Jeez that was feeble by the Cork backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Cracking goal for Tipp

• Advertisement

It's obvious Tipp are going for the throat here, they see goals in that cork defense.

Wonder if there's an issue with the pitch ? - seems a lot of the players are having a lot of trouble getting the ball up off the deck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Good finish from the tip lad after he took about 8 steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Soft free there

Tipp a bit disappointed to be only 4 points up considering how much of the game they've had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

What are Cork at letting Tipp having all those short puck outs to get things started

God, I hate this back door system!!!

11 scores in 25 minutes

Fair to say that the first half has been very average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Ref keeping cork in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    God, I hate this back door system!!!
    Its better than what we would have without it.

Tipp should be much further ahead at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Tipp causing Cork all sorts of problems especially with the long ball.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    11 scores in 25 minutes

Fair to say that the first half has been very average

Less then average I would say but we will see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Tipp look much hungrier, to be honest.

Ya tipp should be miles ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Corbett is struggling to get into this game

• Advertisement

Less then average I would say but we will see

Yeah really hasnt lived up to the hype.

Only thing is that there's only 3 points in it so surely the 2nd half will have excitement if Cork can keep in touch.

Jeez the ref is giving Tipp naaathing

Ref being very generous to Cork in this!!

Tipp have just cause to be annoyed with this ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ref is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

TIipp have about 4 incorrect decisions gone against them by my count, could be crucial. I think Lar's day is done too, he had to bury that.

But as I said before, the goals look there for Tipp. Don't see the same Cork threat.

And just as I say it, that looked like a free in.

This ref is a complete farce!!! Made 5 or 6 horrfic calls already, and seems massively biased towards Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Tipp defence is solid.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Score lads

1-07 to 0-08 to tipp

Advertisement