Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork v Tipperary AI Semi Final

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Phoenix wrote: »
    Score lads
    Tipp 1-07 Cork 0-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Phoenix wrote: »
    Score lads

1-07 to 0-08 in Tipps favour.

Very poor reception for the players going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Tipp 1-7 cork 0-8 HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

But as I said before, the goals look there for Tipp. Don't see the same Cork threat.

Cork havent even had the whiff of a goal chance, whereas Tipp have had a fair few.

Wonder if Tipp should have taken their points as opposed to concentrating on all those goal chances.

Reckon Cody is a happy cat watching these two teams.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Cork havent even had the whiff of a goal chance, whereas Tipp have had a fair few.

Wonder if Tipp should have taken their points as opposed to concentrating on all those goal chances.

Reckon Cody is a happy cat watching these two teams.

Maybe, but Lars he just didn't pick up. Bonner hadn't much space for his one. They might rue missed chances, but you have to create em to score em. Cork haven't managed that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Tipperary have completely dominated the first half but are only two points ahead. Cork won't be as bad in the second half and I see them winning. I don't think either are showing enough to beat the Cats though.

Did it seem to anyone else that the players had a lot more difficulty rising the ball than usual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Tipp look better but Cork have had a bucket load of wides and the Ref on their side..

Tipp are unlucky not to have had more luck in front of goal, as they arnt getting the break of the ball since the first goal...

I dont know what to make of it other than i dont mind who wins playing like that. That long ball will suit us(kk) down to the ground..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Great goal by Callanan the highlight of the half. Some really awful aimless play by both teams, both teams have a lot of men back and are playing into each other's time by hitting high, hopeful balls into the half-back lines.

Callanan has a huge height advantage over O'Neill, but O'Neill is coping better now. Lar is playing poorly, his fumbled rise was a glorious opportunity.

Cork struggling really, but Harnedy & Lehane are starting to pick up a few breaks and they are only 2 points down.

Cork did get some very very soft frees, Nash's first one wasn't a free imo and neither was the last one Horgan got. Walsh/Kearney have been disappointing so far, Woodlock the dominant midfielder. Paudie Maher cleaning up at the back, but then so are Ellis & Joyce.

Tipperary have completely dominated the first half but are only two points ahead. Cork won't be as bad in the second half and I see them winning. I don't think either are showing enough to beat the Cats though.

• Advertisement

Surely a free to Tipp as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Has Lar done anything. He's more a liability at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some of corks play is terrible. If tipp are any good they should be winning this handy!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Tipp need to bring on subs now, Lar should have been off at half time

UNREAL

Do Cork know this is a knock-out game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cork are so bad it's unbelievable!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Hard to credit how appalling Cork have been here. Embarrassingly bad all over the field.

Cork are so bad it's unbelievable!

Shocking performance from them - completely lifeless.

How long was JBM's term supposed to be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Typical Cork, Cooper looking for a stupid short pass instead of roofing the thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Nothing better that seeing the "rebels" get a tidy pasting, even if it's by tipp. Cork are absolutely dreadful today, some of the worst passing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That cud be that, what a goal chance messed up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

haha this is beautiful, the city will be full of people crying in their drink tonight.

tipp teaching them a severe lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

O Dwyer is the best point scorer in the country. Such a talented player

Cork lucky Tipp didnt take advantage of all those goal chances in the first half or it could have been an absolute battering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tipp won't get away with all these goal chances cork are missing against Kilkenny that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That's a shocking miss

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Third year in a row that the Munster Champions haven't shown up for the Semi Final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

JBM must go after this.

Tinie wrote: »
    Tipp won't get away with all these goal chances cork are missing against Kilkenny that's for sure.

Suits Cody to a tee.

Just the situation you'd want as a manager with Tipp destroying Cork in a semi as opposed to Kilkenny sneaking past Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah Jimmy will go after this and I insetm God he takes Pa Cronin with him. He ruins a potential great Cork attack. He's a useless player.

Severe lack of fight/intensity by the rebels.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Suits Cody to a tee.

Just the situation you'd want as a manager with Tipp destroying Cork in a semi as opposed to Kilkenny sneaking past Limerick.

And yet Kilkenny will be favourites and the choice of the pundits. So I don't think that'll have a bearing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

sean mac wrote: »
    You clearly have no understanding of championship games between munsters big 2 to come out with this remark. Neither team has or will blow the other out of the water ffs.
    sean mac wrote: »
    Tipp have the weakest midfield of the four semi finalist - weakest by a good but. Tipp also have a very weak keeper as highlighted by donal og in his article this week. If cahill is out a huge loss, cork will win this match by 3-5 points as they have a far more settled team, far superior midfield, far superior keeper and better forwards. And despite having an appalling underage record over the last 15 years will end up winning this all Ireland, proving once again in hurling in particular tradition trumps underage development every time

Prophetic stuff right there. The arrogance put right back in its box.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The smug head on Cody.

How many times to they need to show Cody in the stands? Leave the man alone for god sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lapin wrote: »
    The smug head on Cody.

and he is smug because.......?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cork need a goal every 15 seconds now to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

and he is smug because.......?

Because he has every fooking right to be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Tipp could have won by far far more such was their dominance

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

I'm a corkmanbut now I hope to god tipp win, can't bear that Cody ****. I think the whole country would agree with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

bruschi wrote: »
    Prophetic stuff right there. The arrogance put right back in its box.

He talks a lot of ****e alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I took a lot of stick from Cork fans when I said Tipp would wipe the floor with them. I remain utterly unconvinced by Cork. Tipp did look quite good at times.

Cork were awful. Don't think Tipp are good enough to beat Kilkenny tbh because it took them an awful lot of time to build up a good lead. The Cats won't be anywhere near as soft as the Rebels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Rightwing wrote: »
    I took a lot of stick from Cork fans when I said Tipp would wipe the floor with them. I remain utterly unconvinced by Cork. Tipp did look quite good at times.

Well Limerick were just as pathetic as Cork this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭mullinr2

I'm a corkmanbut now I hope to god tipp win, can't bear that Cody ****. I think the whole country would agree with me

Whats your gripe with Cody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Amprodude wrote: »

Do you mention limerick in every post you make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Amprodude wrote: »

I've no intention to put the boot into Cork. I'm sorry it turned out the way it did.

But today is Tipp's day, and they will trouble KK. No question about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Whats your gripe with Cody?

Probably jealous and bitter about the success that Cody has had and how hes so respected, and how he will go down in history as the greatest hurling manager if all time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement