Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants and take away recommendations in Waterville

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We are going to be self catering in Waterville for a few days and I can see from the posts here there is lots to do, day trips etc.

What about restaurant and pub recommendations or any take aways (to avoid cooking) within a reasonable driving distance?

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

http://www.qcbar.com/ QC’s Seafood Restaurant and Bar in Cahersiveen,

Sheilin Sea Food is good as is the Smugglers' Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I haven't been there yet but the restaurant beside Centra does Tapas on Tuesdays (3 for 15E I think) ! It looks nice :P Sorry I can't give anymore insight...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Beachcove chipper beside the Post Office is good and they do take away.

Fisherman's Bar in the Butler Arms Hotel is good also.

Dooleys Steakhouse is excellent, but not cheap. They have an Early Bird from 6 to 7. www.dooleyswaterville.com

O'Neills at The Point in Renard (near Cahirciveen) is excellent. (About 20 mins drive from Waterville)

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Try Camos in Main St Caherciveen.
    Nice food at reasonable prices.
    Theres also good take aways in Caherciveen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

If you get a chance go to Cill Rialig art centre in Ballninskelligs (about 10min)

Sun to Thursday they do amazing wood fired sourdough pizza (10.50 - 12.50 each) - its cooked outside too.

On Fridays and Saturdays they have a supper club with a fab chef - this is normally booked out, but worth it if you can get a seat. (I think supper club is €35)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Joining in late here to recommend the Sheilin!

Not because I work there or anything ;)

Advertisement