Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex UPC SA EPC2203 -Login/Password???

Options
  • 31-07-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

HI there
    I've scrounged an old Scientific Atlantic epc 2203 from a friend so I can Bridge to my own router since the Horizon box won't do it..

I've done a reset and can hit 192.168.100.1 ok but I need the login and password for the good stuff.

I've tried all the various things suggested in various pages I've found in searches

Does anybody know

(a) the default login/password
    or
    (b) how to get round it

Thanks a lot
    Kinch

Edit: Alternatively can anyone recommend a simple cable modem I can but that will fully bridge the UPC signal to my Asus A66u ? Much appreciated

The didn't work list:

blank/blank
    admin/blank
    admin/1234
    admin/W2402
    admin/w2402

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no such thing as an ex-UPC modem, they remain their property, and only the modems they allow can connect to their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

try admin/admin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I believe that old modem is only capable of speeds of up to 30 or 50mb.

Plus UPC will only authorise modems that they own and currently support to connect to their network.

You will need to ask UPC to decommission the modem in the Horizon box and get a separate modem from them

Advertisement