Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable DHCP server on UPC Horizon box

Options
  • 31-07-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I've joined my box to my existing home network and it functions fine but insists on acting as a DHCP server and assigning its own address as the gateway. Most of the time the DHCP server on my router gets there first and the clients are ok but occasionally they Horizon box responds first and the device cannot connect to the internet as the Horizon bo isn't in gateway mode and doesn't route traffic.

I've followed tech supports suggestions but have never ended up better off and have defaulted the box etc but it always insists on being a DHCP server and using it's address as the gateway when responding to clients.

Anyone have any ideas or know how to access the advanced menu on the Horizons web config gui?

Advertisement