Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas on boundary division

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I own a house in a county council estate. I grew a hedge between my garden and my neighbours. Her grandson and his friends constantly run between our gardens, and as a result the hedge is in bad shape with holes etc. A while ago her grandson and his mates tore up most of my hedge and left it on the lawn..grand mother, mother all deny it happened, he was left out all day "playing" unsupervised. They take zero responsibility for what he does, as do a lot of people in this estate. Consequently, I live with a friend a lot of the time but keep a room for myself in the house and have 2 people renting. My neighbour keeps going on about the hedge, she says its my job to cut it, that she won't stop kids running into my garden from hers, that she doesn't want the hedge etc etc...I'm sick of it.. Anyone any ideas of some way of dividing her garden and mine that is not too expensive? I asked her to go halves on a wall but she says she can't afford it..the kids use the estate as a play ground...Don't want to spend a fortune on a fence that is just knocked down by "kids" playing...Can't wait to sell but can't afford to at the moment..Looking for some peace....Any advice appreciated..thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Blackthorn hedge, they'll learn quickly not to try to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Kids are kids and are going to run where they want, unless someone is supervising them all the time which of course won't happen. The thorny bush might be a good idea; the kids should stay away then and find somewhere else to stampede through.

The issue of cutting the hedge, what does she care if it's on your side of the boundary? And if it's crossing over to hers, she's within her rights to trim it back to the line.

Advertisement