Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming in Mountjoy Square?

Options
  • 01-08-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea what they're filming in Mountjoy Square? There were a load of trucks there the past few evenings and a few people walking around with Film Crew on their backs?

Just being nosy:-)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Could have been Love/Hate, could have been some media students, could have been a travel show.

Could have been anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'd imagine it's Ripper Street, the third series of which is currently in production around town. It's definitely a period set. Passed it myself yesterday and thought the building looked great dressed as "The Exchange Hotel". This morning it was back to its usual derelict state, although the sign was still there (suggesting it might be used again?)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Redkilkenny

Thanks for the reply - yes definitely a period piece:-) Will have to keep an eye out for it on the TV:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Could also be Penny Dreadful which is period and currently filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Are you sure it was film people? The DIT library and campus on Mountjoy Square is being emptied as we speak, and moved to GrangeGorman. That would produce a fair few lorries etc.

In any case, I saw good old Dublin again on "Foyle's war" on Sunday night. Some of it was shot within yards of where I work, but I do not remember seeing anything going on at the time.

• Advertisement

Are you sure it was film people?

Yep, definitely a film location. Re Penny Dreadful, season one filming has definitely wrapped (as the finale has already aired!). Season 2 has not commenced shooting yet, as far as I am aware. Will be starting soon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Murph_D wrote: »
    Yep, definitely a film location. Re Penny Dreadful, season one filming has definitely wrapped (as the finale has already aired!). Season 2 has not commenced shooting yet, as far as I am aware. Will be starting soon though.

Yup. Season 1 finished its run just over a month ago. I'm reckoning Season 2 filming is under way as there was an article in the papers around 2 weeks ago featuring an interview with Josh Hartnett who was in residence in the Shelbourne.

Yep, Penny Dreadful will be shooting later in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It's for Ripper Street. I walked by there yesterday and the dressing room truck with the lead characters names on the doors was there.

Isn't that what I said too? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Heard they were filming for Ripper St

Advertisement