Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic

• 01-08-2014 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I am looking for a mechanic that's good with electrics in North Dublin. I am based in Clontarf, but I'm willing to travel, within reasonable distance.

The lights in my SV650 have stopped working about 2 weeks ago and finally decided to pull the finger out and inspect it. The bulb connector is melted and I suspect there may be a bad connection somewhere,, and I also need fork seals done.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Joe Wall isn't too far away (Celtic Park Road), near Kitty Kearnans pub. I'll PM you his number if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

Please do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

RobertM wrote: »
    Please do.

Paddys' Pitstop is in North strand too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

€60/hour isn't too bad for a car garage I would have thought.

Flywheel/ clutch for an Ocatvia would be a major cost anyway. Maybe in the region of €700 depending on whether you went for a solid conversion or not. It's unclear whether the high cost of doing the job was because you were ripped off or you just didn't ask the difficult questions at the right time which we will never know seeing as you appear to have registered to blacken this guy's name which is simply bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cantdecide wrote: »
    €60/hour isn't too bad for a car garage I would have thought.

Flywheel/ clutch for an Ocatvia would be a major cost anyway. Maybe in the region of €700 depending on whether you went for a solid conversion or not. It's unclear whether the high cost of doing the job was because you were ripped off or you just didn't ask the difficult questions at the right time which we will never know seeing as you appear to have registered to blacken this guy's name which is simply bad form.

Eh ??

Confused I am..... is this an orphan post ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

galwaytt wrote: »
    Eh ??

Confused I am..... is this an orphan post ??

Pretty sure its a response to a post that was deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

goodlad wrote: »
    Pretty sure its a response to a post that was deleted.

Yup. A disgruntled individual reg'd to specifically to name and shame about a large bill for a cage clutch/ flywheel job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cantdecide wrote: »
    Yup. A disgruntled individual reg'd to specifically to name and shame about a large bill for a cage clutch/ flywheel job.

..ah. In the bike forum ?? Sigh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

galwaytt wrote: »
    ..ah. In the bike forum ?? Sigh.
    Sorry mate, I didn't see you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 weight woes

Hi Guys,
    I am also looking for a reasonable mechanics in North Dublin, also near Fairview or Clontarf.
    My horn is gone and need the clock spring replaced and dont want to be ripped off.
    Thanks,
    Mads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hi Guys,
    I am also looking for a reasonable mechanics in North Dublin, also near Fairview or Clontarf.
    My horn is gone and need the cock spring replaced and dont want to be ripped off.
    Thanks,
    Mads

It might be a doctor you need and not a mechanic :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 weight woes

Haha Awkward, I meant clock spring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

Hi Guys,
    My horn is gone and need the clock spring replaced and dont want to be ripped off.
    Thanks,
    Mads

Hi, I ended up taking my bike up to North Dublin Motorcycles, NDM in balbriggan. Best decision I ever made. Great bunch of lads with plenty experience.

Regards.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

2nd for Paddys Pitstop - I hear they are good and will be using them myself soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nstens

Cienciano wrote: »
    Joe Wall isn't too far away (Celtic Park Road), near Kitty Kearnans pub. I'll PM you his number if you want

Can you send me his number also

Advertisement